Storage for your lovely soaps.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deda

Reaction score
Where do you keep your soap after it's cured and before it's sold? given away? used?

I got a new camera a couple days ago and while I'm waiting for my new lightbox to arrive I've been taking random boring pictures.

This is where I keep my stock. It holds around 2100 bars, plus lotion, scrubs, balms, etc.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/legg-famil ... 313545827/

Wow that is awesome,, I am very inspired... I just keep mine in cardboard boxes ,, one for each scent..

Very Nice !!! I was lookind at displays at the grocery store today, wondering if 1 would work.. I look at everything............
I got hubby to agree to ,, if I draw it he will build it ..

looks very nice Deda.

I have some bakery style boxes that I got from nashville wraps that I keep my cured soaps in. Each sent goes into a different box. I write the scent on the outside end of the box, and they're stacked on top of my supply cabinet. They are here:

http://www.nashvillewraps.com/candy-box ... w0924.html

My batches are small though, usually 2.5-4 lbs.

OMG, Deda you are my idol. I could only hope to someday have anything in my life that looks that organized and beautiful. Your soap storage even coordinates with your wall art. Absolutely lovely. You wouldn't believe the shabby mess my soaps are in. I'm procrastinating cleaning as I sit here. :roll: Thanks for the inspiration.

That's incredible! I wish I was organized. But soap never lasts long around here. I just pile the soap up on a shelf. When people come in and say they need soap, I just take it off the shelf and hand it to them. I suppose I should at least put them in a shoe box. :lol:

soap storage

I have a Rubbermaid shoe box for each fragrance, which I have labeled on the end. I have these stacked in a repurposed entertainment unit where the TV would normally go. It is a huge unit, so I keep other finished, packaged product (lotion bars and scrubs) in the drawers and behind the doors. I cure my soap in rows on top of this piece of furniture. I also just bought a beautiful tall, skinny, second-hand china cabinet, which I use to store my essential oils, fragrance oils, colorants, and packaging supplies. These two pieces of furniture have really tamed my crazy soapy mess. I highly recommend the entertainment unit, as they are available second-hand for very little cost - everybody is getting rid of their little TV's and going for the extreme sizes. There is a LOT of storage space in most of them.

soap storage

I have a Rubbermaid shoe box for each fragrance, which I have labeled on the end. I have these stacked in a repurposed entertainment unit where the TV would normally go. It is a huge unit, so I keep other finished, packaged product (lotion bars and scrubs) in the drawers and behind the doors. I cure my soap in rows on top of this piece of furniture. I also just bought a beautiful tall, skinny, second-hand china cabinet, which I use to store my essential oils, fragrance oils, colorants, and packaging supplies. These two pieces of furniture have really tamed my crazy soapy mess. I highly recommend the entertainment unit, as they are available second-hand for very little cost - everybody is getting rid of their little TV's and going for the extreme sizes. There is a LOT of storage space in most of them.

WOW! I love your shelf! especially the little separators.
right now I just arrange mine in little trays and put them on a small shelf I have in my living room (out of the cats reach haha)

i had mine stacked in a semi-organized cabinet until i decided to package my soaps in cellphane bags tied with raffia. now they take up at least TWICE the space they did, and i'm at a total loss as to how to store them efficiently :roll: :?

Great storage Deda.
Your generous for sharing...thankyou.
I seriously need to organise my soap.
I have soap everywhere...literally.
22 bars on trial in the shower alone!!!
Isn't that hilarious!!
I was thinking stackable wooden boxes.
I'm low on space here.

What a serene space you have! I'd have to shovel my office out with a bulldozer to clean up the mess I have. In fact, I didn't book any fairs for December so I could get myself under control. I use Rubbermaid type plastic shoe boxes. Each box holds around 22 bars. They're stacked on a couple of tall bookcases, but they do take up a lot of space. Lotions, etc., are in separate plastic storage boxes. What are the dividers you use made from? I notice they're sort of L-shaped. What a fabulous storage idea. Thanks so much for sharing.

I like these briefcase mailer boxes. They fit my soap perfectly, hold over 50 bars each, are strong enough to stack, and have a handle so they can be carried around like a briefcase.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Oh Tom where do you get those please. Ineed something to protect from crazy amounts of dust here.

Nice! My soap room isn't big enough to hold my product once it's made. I've got shelves for oils and ingredients, but the unopened buckets and boxes have to be stored in the garage. Maybe some day...

Latest posts

Back