Still Having Problem

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if it applies to this situation, but it may.....I don't think the stick blender always gets things as thoroughly mixed as we think it does, depending on many factors. I never had the problem you have, but I used to get streaks in my soaps sometimes. So I started to stir with my spatula after I had finished stick blending. I stir really well, making sure to scrape the sides and bottom of my pot. It only takes a few seconds, but I think it gets things mixed more thoroughly, and since I've been doing this, I don't get streaks any more. Is it possible you had false trace?

A 40% lye solution with so much butter will go off extremely quick without letting you thorougly mix in your lye and additives. I have a feeling it is not mixed well enough

I think this is whats happening. I made a 1 LB batch yesterday and there was no crumbling, just a bit of ash on top. Ive been working with this recipe for about 8 months now without this issue (1 - 2 lbs). Im looking at deceasing the mango and adding some castor AND using an electric stick blender.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO POSTED HERE. I AM DEEPLY GRATEFUL:p

A 40% lye solution with so much butter will go off extremely quick without letting you thorougly mix in your lye and additives. I have a feeling it is not mixed well enough

makes sense, Carolyn. i totally agree with this.

I think this is whats happening. I made a 1 LB batch yesterday and there was no crumbling, just a bit of ash on top. Ive been working with this recipe for about 8 months now without this issue (1 - 2 lbs). Im looking at deceasing the mango and adding some castor AND using an electric stick blender.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO POSTED HERE. I AM DEEPLY GRATEFUL:p

if you like the recipe already, you don't have to make adjustments to it. just try using a SB this time to get everything mixed thoroughly in a more timely fashion. with a 5 lb batch, you certainly have to do more mixing compare to a 1 lb one, a hand stirring might not be sufficient.

also, adding castor is going to make trace faster.

Latest posts

Back