Southern Soapers FO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubnica

Reaction score
I was wandering if anyone tried Earl Gray, Blackberry Patch and Tranquil Pear FO from Southern Soapers? Its 50% off so I would like to buy it but I would like to know if its any good.
Thank you for any input.

I've been thinking about the Tranquil Pear as well. I've ordered a handful of FOs from them and they seem pretty strong OOB. I have only tried the Red Velvet Cake and it held up very well. Smells just like the bottle and it's quite strong. Every time I touch a bar, my hand smells a bit like the FO and I only used 0.7oz ppo! From that experience, I'd say they have good scents, but it's the only one I've tried so far and it may just be a particularly strong one.

I have a lot of FOs from them, and I am happy with them, I just wanted to know how the smell is on these...sweet or tart or fruity or not so much...that kind of thing. I will just order some I guess and see. Thank you

dubnica said:
I was wandering if anyone tried Earl Gray, Blackberry Patch and Tranquil Pear FO from Southern Soapers? Its 50% off so I would like to buy it but I would like to know if its any good.
Thank you for any input.

I just about ordered all of the 50% off fragrances about 3 weeks ago. I love them all oob, but I have not soaped with them yet.

Earl Grey - smells just like Earl Grey tea...very nice with a bergamot scent. Seems somewhat light oob, but a very nice scent. I had some clients smell it this weekend and the absolutely loved it.

Blackberry Patch - straight blackberry with what seems like a touch of vanilla. Has a very light sweetness to it. Very nice.

Tranquil Pear - smells like a ripe, juicy pear. No vanilla...just pear. Very fresh and crisp...almost clean. I love any fragrance with pear, so I'm very happy. HTH :)

DMCC said:
dubnica said:
Thank you for any input.

I just about ordered all of the 50% off fragrances about 3 weeks ago. I love them all oob, but I have not soaped with them yet.

Earl Grey - smells just like Earl Grey tea...very nice with a bergamot scent. Seems somewhat light oob, but a very nice scent. I had some clients smell it this weekend and the absolutely loved it.

Blackberry Patch - straight blackberry with what seems like a touch of vanilla. Has a very light sweetness to it. Very nice.

Tranquil Pear - smells like a ripe, juicy pear. No vanilla...just pear. Very fresh and crisp...almost clean. I love any fragrance with pear, so I'm very happy. HTH :)

I absolutely love the Tranquil Pear; it's exactly as DMCC describes it. When I heard Southern Soapers was closing, I went searching and found Pear Tranquility from DayStar to be the same scent. I can't tell them apart in product. Just wanted to let you know.

I have Earl Grey but not Blackberry Patch. Haven't used the
EG in product, but OOB it smells a bit more floral to me than the citrusy bergamot in actual Earl Grey tea. I like it, though.

@DMCC....Have you used the Blackberry Patch or Earl Grey in CP? If you have, how'd they perform?

@bakingnana, Yes. The Earl Grey has a very, very slight floral to it. That's most likely what contributes to the lightness I was referring to. It certainly isn't as strong or potent OOB as an Earl Grey tea that you drink. Still nice though.

Thanks for the info on the Pear fragrance. I'll make note of that supplier in case I need more.

I have not soaped with any of these fragrances yet. I think my first will be Blackberry Patch or Earl Grey when I do. I keep feeling the need to want to mix the Earl Grey with something else. Seems like it might be a good mixer. My daughter wants it straight, so I'll probably try it that way first.

Let me know when you soap with these. I'd like to know your results.

Has anyone ordered the Honey Nut from Southern Soapers? It's on clearance for a great price and the description sounds great. Please let me know so I can add to my order today. I want to know your take ont he fragrance. Thanks!

Back