SOS Saveonscents concentration of fragrance

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arusha

Reaction score
Hi!

As good fragrance oils are very limited here in Germany/Europe I`d like to order them in the US and found 3 shops which I like (WSP, NG (where I already ordered a large package :) and SOS.

SOS seems to be quite expensive in comparisson to the other two - are the fragrance oils worth the higher price?

Do I really need only 1/4 oz fragrance pp oil when I order the extreme concentration? I`d normally use 1/2 oz pp. How much do you use of SOS?
Does anyone work with the other concentrations and how much fragrance do you use?

If I`d need only 1/4 of the extreme concentration I`d order the sniffer samples and cut my soap base into six or seven parts and use the samples to test the fragrance (I normally use 1/2 oz fragrance pp oil for testing 6 fragrances (and get 4 small soaps from every fragrance)).

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Arusha

Personally, I would stick with WSP and NG. Both are reputable suppliers with good strong scents. The SOS scent concentrations are kind of odd as well as their pricing structure, IMO. I have only tried a few of their fragrances but I know many soapers who use their concentrated scents at the regular level they usually use and have found the regular concentration kind of light.

Thanks for sharing your oppinion Judy, so I`ll order just the dupe fragrances there (Joop, Chanel, Gucci) and get the "normal" fragrances elsewhere.

Latest posts

Back