Soaper's Choice shipping question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJ

Reaction score
Do I need to add up all the item's weight to find out how much shipping is? So let's say I order a bunch of 7 pound items and pretend the total weight of all those items is around 100 pounds, is that how much I'm getting charged for shipping? I'm not really sure how their shipping works... it says at the bottom: "RATES ARE CALCULATED ON AN INDIVIDUAL UNIT BASIS." And I'm not sure what that means exactly.
Those of you who have ordered there before, I would greatly appreciate some help with this.
Oh and do you call and order over the phone? Says: "To place an order contact: Soaper's Choice." Then it lists some telephone numbers... but there is a "cart" button, like you'd be checking out on any other site... Sorry I'm probably asking ridiculous questions! Haha. :oops:

Shipping is based on individual weights so if the shipping charge for one 7 lb bottle to your location is $5.00, then multiply $5 x how many bottles you are ordering and that will be your total charge.

You can either order by phone or by the internet. Your choice.

After you have filled your cart, you enter your zip code and it will calculate the cost plus shipping. The order is not complete until you do a final checkout. I have started a mock order just to see what the total cost was going to be. After I closed out the site the "order" was deleted.

c.a.p. said:
Shipping is based on individual weights so if the shipping charge for one 7 lb bottle to your location is $5.00, then multiply $5 x how many bottles you are ordering and that will be your total charge.

You can either order by phone or by the internet. Your choice.
But that's not how it works. There is a chart on the site at http://soaperschoice.com/vegetableoils/ ... chart.html
At the top is the chart to determine your shipping zone, and at the bottom is the chart of shipping costs.

And for best estimate, enter your zip code as opalgirl suggests.

I have added and subtracted items from my shopping cart and recalculated shipping to get the most for the least. It was surprising to me that I cancelled a 7 pounder and came up with the same shipping when it was rechecked. I added it back in. I live in zone 5 and have found their shipping charges to be better than some places that are closer. Go figure.

Dennis said:
I have added and subtracted items from my shopping cart and recalculated shipping to get the most for the least. It was surprising to me that I cancelled a 7 pounder and came up with the same shipping when it was rechecked. I added it back in. I live in zone 5 and have found their shipping charges to be better than some places that are closer. Go figure.

I've done the exact same thing.
I always wait until I need to order 4 or 5 items and then I just play with the cart until I get the best overall price including shipping. They definitely have some of the best prices as well as great customer service. And I never feel overcharged for shipping unless I just have to order one item in a pinch.

xyxoxy said:
Dennis said:

I always wait until I need to order 4 or 5 items and then I just play with the cart until I get the best overall price including shipping. They definitely have some of the best prices as well as great customer service. And I never feel overcharged for shipping unless I just have to order one item in a pinch.

Their customer service is great. I got a personal email from Mike after a problem with ordering on their site. He was most helpful and gave me a few hints. Great folks.

Thanks for all the replies! I'm especially happy to hear their customer service is good! I will be ordering from them soon! :)

xyxoxy said:
Dennis said:

So then it doesn't really matter how many pounds all of your items add up to? The shipping doesn't just go by weight only?

Back