Soap related humor & MEMES with soap on their mind

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One simple google search... "soap memes"....and coffee goes everywhere...lol

b8b.jpg

I'm laughing with embarrassment -- thank you for the humorous compliment! It makes me feel good to help when I can! :)

You have some really great intelligent input, DeeAnna! I haven't had to directly summon your knowledge, but I know that we all benefit from it. :)

P.S. I only recently discovered how to create memes too. It's a lot of fun!

Can you define / describe better in that case?

The lard/tallow/CO/castor oil bars are harder and have larger bubbles than the lard/CO/castor oil bars. They last longer, and are just easier to handle in the shower than the no tallow soaps. They are as conditioning as the lard, which surprised me, as I tried using the Great Value shortening (tallow/palm) in much the same percentages, and was completely unimpressed with the soap.

The lard/tallow/CO/castor oil bars are harder and have larger bubbles than the lard/CO/castor oil bars. They last longer, and are just easier to handle in the shower than the no tallow soaps. They are as conditioning as the lard, which surprised me, as I tried using the Great Value shortening (tallow/palm) in much the same percentages, and was completely unimpressed with the soap.

Thank you for the analysis, so I guess it is also for the type of the tallow that you used, if it also has some amount of myristic FA (larger bubbles) or some more palmatic- stearic FA that will contribute to longer lasting bar compared to only lard.

Interesting. I considered ordering that stuff to try it. 20/60 tallow/lard mix sounds about right. I am finding lard to be nice but a little more soft than I'm used to (I have some soaps I can probably build a house with :mrgreen:). I can't stand soap that drastically softens up at the end.

Latest posts

Back