Soap Making

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin

Reaction score
Hi   My name is Robin and I have never made soap before. I purchased 2lbs clear, 2lbs white, 15ml ambiance oil, 50ml lavender oil, red/yellow/blue dye and 3 life of the party soap molds.  I want to begin to try and make a small batch of soap with some of the ingredinats that I have purchased but I am not sure what to mix with what.  Could anyone give me a few basics recipes with the items that I have purchased.  Thanks

Robin said:
Hi   My name is Robin and I have never made soap before. I purchased 2lbs clear, 2lbs white, 15ml ambiance oil, 50ml lavender oil, red/yellow/blue dye and 3 life of the party soap molds.  I want to begin to try and make a small batch of soap with some of the ingredinats that I have purchased but I am not sure what to mix with what.  Could anyone give me a few basics recipes with the items that I have purchased.  Thanks

Here's a link with basic instructions - http://www.newdirectionsaromatics.com/d ... esults.pdf

But like Baking Nana said, there are tons of FREE resources online, either pages like the one above or even videos, in case you are more visual.

Remember that any such endeavor will require a certain amount of trial and error. Keep notes of everything you add and at what time you add it so you can repeat your successes (and avoid repeating disasters!) :wink:

A must have book for me when I started was " Melt and Mold soap crafting" by Westerman. She is my soap Diva and the book teaches everything from colors, additives and embeds. It includes recipes for basic soaps, soaps with embeds and soaps with herbs and natural additives. I love it can you tell? Have fun but beware b/c making soap is very addicting!

Lara
www.jollybeesoap.com

Latest posts

Back