Soap has wet spots

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you soap at whatever temp the oils and lye are the next day ?
Yes.

Warm pine tar and add it to the warmed oils along with fragrance (if using) the night before soaping. I cover the bowl with a dinner plate and leave it on the counter overnight.

In the morning, I stick blend the batch for one full minute to get everything thoroughly mixed before adding the lye solution straight from the fridge. The batch will still seize somewhat but soaping cool like this should slow down the reaction a bit.

NOTE: Be sure to mark the lye solution when you refrigerate it and put it out of reach of other members of the household.

Yes.

Warm pine tar and add it to the warmed oils along with fragrance (if using) the night before soaping. I cover the bowl with a dinner plate and leave it on the counter overnight.

In the morning, I stick blend the batch for one full minute to get everything thoroughly mixed before adding the lye solution straight from the fridge. The batch will still seize somewhat but soaping cool like this should slow down the reaction a bit.

NOTE: Be sure to mark the lye solution when you refrigerate it and put it out of reach of other members of the household.
Sounds good .

Thank you

Thank you for posting this. I was going to toss a small batch I made but perhaps I'll just let it cure for a few weeks. When I did the zap test there was a slight metallic tingle. Definitely not a zap.
That's what a zap feels like - like if you put your tongue on a AA battery. Don't toss anything that 'zaps' in the first week. Just let it cure out and try again in 4 weeks or so.

Latest posts

Back