Soap as sachets

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodeogal

Reaction score
Has anyone made soap to use as sachets, or do you use your soap as sachets? I was wondering if soap was made really fragrant could it be used for this after it cured, and how long the scent would last?

Personally, I would rather use soap-why not just put some dabs of scent on a cloth square in your drawer? Or just store your fully cured soaps in with your clothes :)

Has anyone made soap to use as sachets, or do you use your soap as sachets? I was wondering if soap was made really fragrant could it be used for this after it cured, and how long the scent would last?

You could use it as sachets I guess, but I wouldn't go over the recommended amount for fragrance just in case someone wants to use it as soap.

My salt bar would have really worked for that. I used Oakmoss and Sandalwood f.o. from WSSP. The scent was great and really lasted in the salt bar. In fact, I need to get busy and make another batch of salt bars.

I actually used to buy soaps from a place in New Hampshire and I would generally buy enough to last about a year at a time. I would use one bar and the rest would be spread through different drawers of my dresser because I liked the scents. I would also just grab a bar from the dresser each time I needed it, so it was dual purpose :) Most of the times the scents lasted for the full year (depending on which scents, I mostly went for earthy or woodsy scents).

Funny but I was just thinking about this. When I first started making soap a friend said she left the bar I gave her in her car to make it smell good. At the time my feelings were hurt. I'm not so sensitive any more.

I make guest size bars with twice the amount of fragrance (Lavender) and sell them to a friend at work in small organza bags for that purpose. She asked me to so who am I to say no :) She knows that they are not to be used in the bath. She said she peels the sides off when she notices the scent fading and tosses the peeled pieces under her kitchen sink and eventually puts them down her disposal. I only make her 4 at a time so I have not tried it.

I went to Williamsbrug, VA with my high school chorus for a national competition. While we had free time we went to Busch Gardens. It was there (even though I had been a medievalist for a few years) I saw soap being made for the first time. And it fascinated me. I bought a Calendula scented Castile ball, the size of a baseball for $5. Since it was my only souvenir I carved the date into it put it into a cloth pouch and never used it. It sat in my lingerie drawer for years and was a wonderful sachet.
However in my divorce my ex has decided he likes the scent too and will not give it back.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back