Soap additives

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myasir01

Reaction score
Hello
I have recently installed a small soap factory and planning to make Beauty and bath soap from soap noodles. Can anyone here please help me and tell me what additives (like sodium silicate and telcom powder) can i add to soap noodles, please tell the percentage of usage too.
I will be very thankful for the help.
Regards

Last edited:
So, from what I can see, both of those are used as fillers in soap manufacturing. Instead of talc, you'd be better off with titanium dioxide for whitening or kaolin clay for oil absorbing, and sodium lactate to harden instead of sodium silicate.

You... aren't planning on selling, are you? Because that's what it looks like.

Hi and welcome,

I'm going to sound a bit harsh, but I'm really not trying to be. Have you ever made any type of soap before?

You've installed a "small soap factory"... what exactly does that mean? Are you saying you have all the equipment needed to make soap? If so, how have you outfitted your factory?

If you've never made soap (which is what it sounds like), you should start off by reading through the first 10 pages or so of the Beginner area and especially the pinned threads at the top. You can also look at the M&P section since that's basically what you're doing.

There are a lot of experts here that are more than willing to help you learn, but may not be so willing to tell you exactly how without you even trying first. There are lots of additives you can use and the type/percentage will change depending on many variables, but it's going to take some effort, learning and understanding on your part first.

Last edited:
This is a bit puzzling, perhaps you can expand a bit? Give us a bit of background on your soapmaking experience, if any? Maybe more information about this soap factory and your future plans?

Most of us here on the forum are hobbyists or small home businesses. We make soap from scratch with simple ingredients: lye (NaOH), water and oils. I wouldn't know the first thing about the logistics of running a soap factory, so you'll definitely need to explain your intentions a bit more.

:)

Hi and welcome,

I'm going to sound a bit harsh, but I'm really not trying to be. Have you ever made any type of soap before?

You've installed a "small soap factory"... what exactly does that mean? Are you saying you have all the equipment needed to make soap? If so, how have you outfitted your factory?

If you've never made soap (which is what it sounds like), you should start off by reading through the first 10 pages or so of the Beginner area and especially the pinned threads at the top. You can also look at the M&P section since that's basically what you're doing.

There are a lot of experts here that are more than willing to help you learn, but may not be so willing to tell you exactly how without you even trying first. There are lots of additives you can use and the type/percentage will change depending on many variables, but it's going to take some effort, learning and understanding on your part first.
Yes i am expert in transparent soap making but now customers are asking to make beauty and bath soap and after research the easiest way to make beauty and bath soap is from soap noddles but some additives to decrease the rate are added and after so much reading and research i have not find anything about this.
I have all the machines of soap making but at small scale.

I think it is something along these lines (the first video is the best)

http://www.smallsoapmachines.com/soap-machines.html

Which is very different from what we do here in the main.

That said, if you are an expert in making transparent soap, I take it that you were combining oils and lye and other ingredients to make your transparent soap. Or did you just buy a base and add things to it? (in which case you didn't actually make soap) - The former is what most people here do, and some have even made their own transparent soap, too. But buying in noodles and using the machines, I don't think anyone here does it, although some people do have knowledge of it.

I think it is something along these lines (the first video is the best)

http://www.smallsoapmachines.com/soap-machines.html

Which is very different from what we do here in the main.

That said, if you are an expert in making transparent soap, I take it that you were combining oils and lye and other ingredients to make your transparent soap. Or did you just buy a base and add things to it? (in which case you didn't actually make soap) - The former is what most people here do, and some have even made their own transparent soap, too. But buying in noodles and using the machines, I don't think anyone here does it, although some people do have knowledge of it.

Thanks Bro thank you so much for the your help.

Back