Looking for carrot soap tips

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am experimenting with carrot soap. I made one with carrot juice only plus some annatto powder for color. I see recipes that also include carrot purée, in addition to juice. Can anyone explain the qualities that the puree adds? I wonder if the additional organic material would tamp down lather. Any tips on carrot soap appreciated!

Any sugars in the soap will actually help to increase lather. So using carrot puree, in theory, would help with lather. I've made a soap with carrot puree and it was a nice soap, but not noticeably different to any other soap I've made. It's nice to try it though - and has label appeal.

ETA: Just found my old notes. I used half the water content as carrot puree, and the other half as aloe juice from my garden.

Any sugars in the soap will actually help to increase lather. So using carrot puree, in theory, would help with lather. I've made a soap with carrot puree and it was a nice soap,
Ok, that makes sense.
: Just found my old notes. I used half the water content as carrot puree, and the other half as aloe juice from my garden.
Thank you for digging that out. Do you count the puree as the same weight as water? I always wonder about the weight of things like this: purée, yogurt, kefir, etc.

Back