silicone spray

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helen1949

Reaction score
Hi, I just made my first batch of basic soap. Boy did I learn alot. It was so hard to get out of the plactic container I put it in. Can someone tell me what silicone spray is and where I can buy it. Thanks.

What was your recipe and what kind of a plastic container? Did you try to freeze it before getting the soap out? You could try PAM spray from your grocery store.

Hi Helen,
Congrats on your first batch! :D

I'm wanting to use silicone spray too, I have some that I picked up from the hardware store.

I want to know whether its suitable to use in wooden molds, and whether any one else has used it

busymakinsoap! said:
Hi Helen,
Congrats on your first batch! :D

I'm wanting to use silicone spray too, I have some that I picked up from the hardware store.

I want to know whether its suitable to use in wooden molds, and whether any one else has used it
Wooden molds need to be lined. Silicone spray wouldn't help you there.

Bubbles Galore said:
If you want to use Silicone Spray at any point, then you need to buy the Food Grade Silicone Spray. :wink:
absolutely. you can get it at Costco, I think - or one of those stores like that. restaurants use it.

Back