I made a DIY dry shampoo dispenser

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was looking at getting one of these powder spray bottles for my dry shampoo, but people are having all sorts of issues with them based on the pics in the reviews.

So I remembered this old trick from Martha Stewart about storing powdered sugar in a mason jar, except you take off the top part and replace it with cheesecloth. Now you have a fine powder shaker that dispenses just the right amount!

So I put my powder in one of those squeezable silicone tubes, and replaced the top with 3 layers of cheesecloth and a rubberband. I gotta say I'm quite pleased with it! It squirts just the right amount, unlike those saltshaker containers that dry shampoo is usually packaged in. Plus, you can customize how much it outputs by adding more or less layers of cheesecloth.

Attachments

• 1000042549.mp4
    6.4 MB
What a cool idea! I think I even have those same squeeze tubes. Are they the ones made for air travel? Anyway, thanks for sharing; I love the creativity.🥰

Latest posts

Back