Silicone Loaf Mold

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mysticmoon

Reaction score
Hi there,
I am a bit frusterated right now and was hoping someone here could help me. I would like to get a silicone loaf mold because I am tired of lining my wooden molds (which are custom and I don't think I can find a silicone liner for them). I had been wanting the Crafters Choice 1501 loaf mold but it was out of stock on WSP. I got a email notification that it was back in stock on Wednesday but due to Halloween activities I didn't see the email under yesterday and it was already sold out again with a back in stock date of 12/2/13. I wanted to get one and make a couple batches before Christmas. Can anyone recommend another place to get a similar mold at a similar price? I would love to find something ASAP. Thanks so much!

Just got a tweet that the molds are now in stock

Sent from my iPad using Soap Making

I got three of those silicon molds from brambleberry and i love them so far. I'm new to this soapmaking thing, and these are the only molds I have, so I don't personally know how the compare to other types of molds. Anyway, I suggest you order as many as you can afford when you find them in stock someplace! Good luck!

I just saw them come back in stock too - I just ordered some cylindrical molds from them last week and am quickly tallying to see if I have enough in the soap budget to grab a few of these!

Thank you! I do see the BB mold is now in stock! Geez, silicone loaf molds are in high demand! :)
Do any of you add sodium lactate to your recipe for the silicone molds like BB suggests? I have never had to use it before but I'm sure it's not a big deal to use.

Thank you! I do see the BB mold is now in stock! Geez, silicone loaf molds are in high demand! :)
Do any of you add sodium lactate to your recipe for the silicone molds like BB suggests? I have never had to use it before but I'm sure it's not a big deal to use.

I'd like to know the answer to this too - I've only used PVC for one-time-use molds and have a BB shipment due to arrive this week. I'd prefer not to use the sodium lactate if I don't have to - I'm used to popping my PVC molds in the freezer for an hour or two to get my soap out, but don't want to wear down my silicone mold too fast by doing this...

Last edited:
I add between 1-2% SL to my soap and do find that it makes it easier to unmold. I have the 5lb silicone liners and had my husband build molds for them to fit into. LOVE them. I have 8 of them now and really hate when I need to use my larger molds an line them,

I've only used SL when using a PVC mold. Never had to use it for a silicone mold. I did have some extra batter one time that had SL in it and poured it into a little silicone mold. I didn't notice much of a difference so I don't bother with it when using a silicone mold.

Latest posts

Back