Signature Logo In The Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bean13

Reaction score
This is just a quick thought I had and wondered if anyone does this or if its possible. Anythings possible I guess but HOW is another question.
So I was wondering if anyone makes a logo or a shape that they always have in their soap. For instance a heart that is always in the same spot and looks the same everytime you cut a slice.
I think if I keep this soaping hobby that maybe I would like a signature look by placing the same shape in the same spot continually through the loaf.
Does this make sence, and how is it done?

The only thing I've seen is the stamps that people use to "brand" their soaps. Some of them are really pretty neat.

YES YES YES!!!

This is what I mean. Thank goodness you guys can read my mind cuz I don't know what I mean or what its called.

I will look for tutorial or info on how to use this.

Thank you so much agriffin.
And JudyH for your help.

I haven't seen those before.... cool, silicon tube molds! Wow, they are expensive too LOL That would be cool to have a signature with a little heart in each loaf! You should try that one :)

If you want to play around with it you can also just use a cookie cutter on bars. You'll end up with more scraps.

I pour a thick traced layer of soap. Set the cut slices up in a row so that when you slice your loaf...you'll have the embed in each slice.

I've not used them, but there are also quite a few long embeddable shape molds here.

I'm with Tess - I'm currently in the process of buying some loaf molds from that site and so far I'm very pleased with everything. I, too, thought it would be very neat to always have some type of embed in the soap, but don't you have to do the embed, let it set up some, then do the loaf or tube around the pre-set embed?

That second link had some really cool stuff - and it looks like so much fun! Forgive me, but I don't understand how they got the end result on that second site (http://soapmoldsuperstore.com/picture_loaves.html).

I see the vertical mold that looks like a heart shape, for example - or a star. But I don't see how that got embedded in the soap - especially in the middle of the soap. I'm picturing trying to center a long heart shaped log of soap into the bottom of an empty log mold and then pouring the other soap over it. That doesn't seem like it would work because the heart log would roll around. I'm confused!

I would do it like this:

Make my batch of soap. Seperate it out into two different container after I reach a light trace. Stick blend one of the containers to a thickly traced soap. Pour that into the log mold and smooth out. It should be thick enough to support your embed. Place your embed on top of the thick traced soap.

Then you can pour the rest of your soap on top- over the embed. You can even color it a different color.

Oh, I see - that makes sense. Thanks!

I am actually looking forward to getting some sort of custom stamp. I think they look great and it is cool to have something to distinguish your soap as your own - like a signature. The embeds are intriguing too, though. I'll have to try it for fun, if nothing else!

By the way, for those of you who've done embeds - do you need to do anything to keep them from separating from the rest of the soap, as the outer soap wears down, or do they stay intact very well?

I had a custom stamp made by Anhoki and I could not possibly be more pleased with it, the stamp is awesome and the price was really reasonable.

agriffin said:
I would do it like this:

Make my batch of soap. Seperate it out into two different container after I reach a light trace. Stick blend one of the containers to a thickly traced soap. Pour that into the log mold and smooth out. It should be thick enough to support your embed. Place your embed on top of the thick traced soap.

Then you can pour the rest of your soap on top- over the embed. You can even color it a different color.

When I did this I got a faint line of demarcation between the heavy traced soap and the lighter traced soap. Any reason why or something that will prevent that? I didn't dilly-dally so it's not that it sat very long between layers. No one seemed to care but me, but I want it perfectly solid looking.

Latest posts

Back