Shampoo Bar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you consider all natural? All living organisms are made up of chemical compounds. Soap made with lye is often harsh on the hair. I prefer a syndet bar because of the lower pH.

Last edited:
What do you consider all natural? All living organisms are made up of chemical compounds. Soap make with lye is often harsh on the hair. I prefer a syndet bar because of the lower pH.
True! I Guess I meant with lye (more like a soap that coild also work on hair), as opposed to with syndet and other chemicals that I don't have on hand).

It will really depend on your hair. It is a continuing debate here as to whether CP bars are good for hair or not.

From comments it seems like for the majority of people they are not, but the minority really like them and can use them without issue. Unfortunately it seems like sometimes it takes a while for the damage to be obvious, so unless you dislike them immediately (as I did, they made my hair feel chalky and straw-like) it can take a while to fix any negative results.

But I really like syndet bars. I agree that it is a pain/expensive to get the ingredients for them initially, but once you have them you're good for a long time.

Latest posts

Back