Shampoo Bar help

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaxx59

Reaction score
Hi … I wanted to delve into the world of Syndets and attempt making a solid shampoo bar. I wanted to use Sodium Coco Sulfate, Coconut Oil and Water, but have no idea where to start with the ratios. Is there anybody that can help, or point me in the right direction within this forum.

Have you tried searching the forum? There should be a lot of information in previous posts and threads. Try searching for the specific ingredient you are interested in
I have tried, but cant find exactly what I’m looking for. I’ll wait and see if I get any more replies … Thankyou :)

Hi … I wanted to delve into the world of Syndets and attempt making a solid shampoo bar. I wanted to use Sodium Coco Sulfate, Coconut Oil and Water, but have no idea where to start with the ratios. Is there anybody that can help, or point me in the right direction within this forum.
I learned about these recipes here on the forum. I’ve made several versions with great success. DIY Solid Shampoo Bars SCI Version 2 Recipes - Etsy

One thing you might want to keep in mind is this detergent has a high pH and is a strong cleanser. Using it alone might not work well as a shampoo, especially over the long haul, because it can be overly drying to the hair and potentially irritating to the scalp.

According to Humblebee and Me, the pH of this detergent is 7.5–10.5. It's best for shampoo bars to keep the pH below 7 and ideally closer to 6 to prevent long-term damage to the hair. Marie recommends using it with a second syndet to increase the mildness and to lower the pH if the second surfactant has an acidic pH.

More: Sodium Coco Sulfate (SCS) - Humblebee & Me

Back