seperation rebatch!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vivcarm

Reaction score
Thought that you might like to see what a day I had the other day!
I thought that I would try and do a HP soap, great stuff I thought. As I was about to pour the lye in to the milk, my mother turned up, giving me the fright of my life ( she isn't that scary she just surprised me!), so all of kilter I put the lye in too quickly to the milk. To cut a long story short, The mixture would come together when I stick blended, than seperate, come togther, seperate, then finally seperated, I had enough after about 1.5 hours ( you would think I would know by now to give up when I should!) I put it into the mould. It just got worse!
oilslick.jpg

Next day placed in slow cooker on low for a few hours, gave it s good mix, and although not the bonniest of soaps, I think it will be ok, as it was made with Milk, Honey and Oatmeal, and I was attempting to do a cocoa swirl in the first instance, it does smell like chocolate biscuits!
cocoasoap.jpg

My learning never stops! :lol:

Wow! Nice one!! I love how it came out. Your mom should sneak up on you while your soaping, more often! :wink:

looks good, how did you get your hp so smooth looking? mine seems chunkier/ marbled looking.

I love that! Fascinating result :)
It makes me think of pink concrete :D
You could make nice polished "stones" with this soap - if you have time on your hands.
I know people really love those.

Thanks guys, I was quite proud of myself for not panicking! All I added to the slow cooker was a little slosh of milk, it has hardened up quite nicley, it looks a sludgey brown, but that's ok! :D

Latest posts

Back