separating glycerin from soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrWho19

Reaction score
How would i go about separating glycerin from soap. I want to make my own glycerin soap, so i thought i could extruded some glycerin from my own soap and use the left over, if possible, for washing detergent. I know its not easy, but i still want to try... ;) So any suggestions would be great!

I've never tried it myself, but I here's a great article I found on MillerSoap, written by Kaila Westerman of TKB Trading (scroll down to the third section of the article):

http://www.millersoap.com/glycerin.html

The article doesn't tell you how to do it step-by-step, but it instead describes the basic gist of the salting-out process that removes glycerin from soap. The filtering and distilling part sounds like it would be too much of a hassle, though (at least for me).

IrishLass :)

I found some similar articles myself and though the process of separating Glycerin from soap is still somewhat manageable, the process of distillation is, at least for my understanding, nearly impossible. I guess i will have to look harder... :) Thank you for your help once again... ;)

Latest posts

Back