Runny lotion and bodywash

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjhays

Reaction score
OK after I put 1 ounce to 1 ml of FO's after they sit for awhile they become runny? Even the scent isn't that strong? I don't know what I am doing wrong? I have bought the bases all I am to add is FO and color but they are too runny.? Any suggestions I would greatly appreciate.

Alot of the FO's I've tried have thinned out my body wash considerably. I've only used the crystal clear gel from WSP, so I can't recommend one that doesn't. There are some products that can help with the viscosity of the lotion.. is it xanthan gum? I can't remember off the top of my head. What % of FO are you using? Same question for the lotion. I've never had lotion get runny after adding FO. For the shower gel I usually use 2% FO, and for lotion 1% (unless it is a pretty light scent like the philosophy type ones, than I might add more).

Well what is the best formula that you use for percentage? I was doing .5 ml per ounce of product. Is that too much? and will the scent get stronger after sitting for a few hours? Thanks for your input

You seem to be right on the 2% with .5ml to 1oz of product. There is a batch calculator at wsp that you can check it at. The only body wash I have tried is the crystal clear from wsp. I've had some fo's that made it water thin, than other fo's that don't thin it at all.
Where did you get your lotion and bodywash from? Someone on here told me (I THINK it was carebear? can't remember) that the body wash from Essentials by catalina stays nice and thick after adding the fo. As soon as I finish this gallon I have from wsp I'm going to give that a try.
I haven't noticed my lotion getting thin from FO, and I add that at only 1%. I use the gmh from wsp, and also the hemp from aquatech. Neither have had any adverse reactions. What kind are you using?

nope, not me! i didn't tell you that!

the only lotion base I've spent much time with is the aquatech hemp lotion, and that's relatively thin to begin with (I haven't had any FO change the thickness tho that's not to say none would)

Darnit! Thought I remembered LOL The brain is aging so the memory aint so good ya know! HAHA I DO remember someone told me that catalina's shower gel doesn't thin.... I got a bigger than normal paycheck this week.. think I'm gunna order a sample of it and try it out! :)

Back