roses embeds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miha Engblom

Reaction score
Hello! I found this little roses silicone molds on ebay , I have been thinking that they would make nice small soap embeds. Do you think they have to sharp details? are the petals to thin? Will I be able to unmold cp soap from them and still have the rose in one piece ? has anyone else been using them?

flower1.jpg

flower2.jpg

flower3.jpg

If you make the flowers from melt and pour you should have no problems getting them out of the mold. That is what I do, I create melt and pour embeds then embed them in the top of cold process soap. Never had a problem with this technique. If you do try to use cold process, I would freeze the mold with the soap in it before trying to remove the soap from the mold. Then they may just pop out for you. You won't know until you try.

I use these very roses in M&P. Perfect detail, they're really beautiful. Haven't yet tried M&P embeds in CP, worried that the edges will pull away, but I bet they'd be gorgeous in a top design.

i have a similar mold. haven't tried with mp, but it was all good with cp. i think more details will be captured better with mp. with cp, it was a bit fragile but i don't mind.

Thank you for the answers...
I do not use melt and pour... but maybe i will still give them a try and maybe freeze them before unmolding

Latest posts

Back