Rhassoul (SP?) Clay

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gramma Judy

Reaction score
I bought a pound of this about 4 years ago when I was dabbling with some salves an lotions. I made a black salve that called for it. I plan on making some more, but, it only takes a little bit. I know some use this in masks. What else can I use this in to use it up?

I'm not sure about that clay, I use Kaolin clay in my shaving bars to add a little slip for your razor, maybe that kind would work the same way.

Yep , you can use it in soap , I was reading that it helps tighten pores , I made some to try it out . I used 1 tsp ppo . It colored my soap a rosey pink color .

Kitn

i really like the delicate shades of color clays give to soap.

I've got ten 2.5-pound batches of soap curing right now, so I think I'm going to put a hold on ordering anymore supplies for a while. I don't even want to think of how much dough I've got wrapped up in them. Plus, I've still got several "fall" scents I want to get soaped, 4-5 different EO blends, figure out how to incorporate my lavender buds w/o them turning into mouse turds, couple colorants i haven't used yet, plus i'm out of base oils....... :cry:

blast! this is one addicting hobby

however, I'm about out of GM powder, and if I can't find any locally I might have to order that online if I can find cheap enough shipping for small orders. in which case, if they have clay, as well...... :lol:

I can get GM powder in my grocery stores. Look in the baking section, the health food section, and if not there then ask (maybe even in the baby food section). Health food stores are your next bet.

This said, I prefer the evaporated goats milk (also from the grocery store).

Latest posts

Back