Requesting help with formula, please.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Shunt2011, thank you for your reply, I will try to look for it as well. You are really nice going out your way to look & post it for me! I really appreciate it! :)

I will definitely try out soapee first & see how I go.. then try the soapcalc later when Im more experienced ☺ thank you for your kindness replying back to me again, it really helps me learn more & more. Yes, I will keep Millie's advice in mind. Do you have a ready to go recipe for the face since you have the same problem with coconut(i assume)? ☺ thank you Arimara in advance!

Nope. I mostly use water and wipe my face with a wipe soaked with witch hazel.

Hi everyone, I made a batch of soap, which is drying to the facial skin & i am wondering if the ratio of ingredients are not right..

My recipe is as follows:

100g coconut oil
375g olive oil
25 grapeseed oil
190g fresh goat milk
73.3g NaOH
1 teaspoon ghassoul clay
1 teaspoon bentonite clay
15 drops lavender ess. Oil

Should I calculate 6-7 % superfat so the contents change as 150g goat milk & 67.06g NaOH & the rest of the ingredients stay the same amount?

Looking forward to receiving your advice ☺

Thank you heaps!

Bentonite clay is quite drying & combine it with another clay & coconut oil percentage, maybe all these wash out too much oil & your face is producing more oil to compensate.
Just a thought. And next time try open a new thread. So people know who are they responding to. ;)

Bentonite clay is quite drying & combine it with another clay & coconut oil percentage, maybe all these wash out too much oil & your face is producing more oil to compensate.
Just a thought. And next time try open a new thread. So people know who are they responding to. ;)

I failed to pay attention. Good point.:mrgreen:

Hi cherrycoke216,
Yes, it maybe the clays & coconut oil %... you are right. Plus theres no superfat in it either.. Sorry I posted my question here, i just registered here yesterday & was soo excited to get an answer why my soap is drying, i didnt realize it.. Next time I will open a new thread instead. Hope you can all forgive me ☺

Hi cherrycoke216,
Yes, it maybe the clays & coconut oil %... you are right. Plus theres no superfat in it either.. Sorry I posted my question here, i just registered here yesterday & was soo excited to get an answer why my soap is drying, i didnt realize it.. Next time I will open a new thread instead. Hope you can all forgive me ☺

Oops i didn't put your recipe in soap calc, just a first glance at the ingredients.
It's alright, everyone here is also exciting and curious about the soaps,too. And I myself took a long time lurking and finally start posting. Just don't mention you're gonna sell it next week if you made your first batch today. ;) people here might bite you. haha it's a bad joke and a bad way to approach long-lasting business.
Have fun digging question or asking questions here. Welcome to the addiction! :p

Last edited:
Hi cherrycoke216,

Please remember that statements made by anyone other than the admins and moderators are not official policy of the forum.

I see nothing wrong with your posting your question where you did it. Sometimes, though, it is better to make your own thread because you get more detailed and specific answers that way. And people are not as likely to skip over a new thread as one they have seen in the "newest threads" feed for days. Your unique thread would catch the attention of the very people you are trying to get answers from.

Thank you very much for the Lindy's shampoo bar recipe Shunt2011, I made it already tonight & cannot wait to try it out... :)) This time I will leave it to cure for 8 weeks & not 6 as I always do.. Ahh its even longer to wait.. lol...

Thank you for your reply Susie, I really appreciate your kindness! Yes, its fair enough, next time will start a new thread, at least I know now. I have never used a forum before so I am not familiar with it and unfortunately did not have enough time to look around here how everything works after registering, just posted my question straight away in a that thread as I was so eager to get help from somebody. And people are so helpful & nice here, getting all these useful info. :)

Thank you very much for the Lindy's shampoo bar recipe Shunt2011, I made it already tonight & cannot wait to try it out... :)) This time I will leave it to cure for 8 weeks & not 6 as I always do.. Ahh its even longer to wait.. lol...

I think you'll like it. I need to make it again as I only have a small sliver left.

Thank you very much for the Lindy's shampoo bar recipe Shunt2011, I made it already tonight & cannot wait to try it out... :))

Just wanted to give credit where credit is due- I think you actually meant to say Genny's shampoo bar recipe, as opposed to Lindy's (Genny was merely thanking Lindy for her advice). ;)

For what its worth, I love Genny's shampoo bar recipe. I tried it on my hair and my hair was not happy at all with it, but it makes for a most wonderfully bubbly, yet gentle body soap. Like Shari, I'm down to my last sliver and need to make more!

IrishLass :)

Latest posts

Back