Replacing Fragrances

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://goplanetearth.com/molds_popsicle.html

WSP has a better price, so you may want to buy them there.

Also, let me clarify something.

I *may* still purchase something from WSP, but it will only be if I can't find a better price. I'm not in the habit of cutting off my nose to spite my face.

However, I'm through with blindly assuming that WSP has the best prices and the largest selection.

In the past, if I needed something other than POP mics (TKB) or bulk oil (SC) I went to WSP. Sure I've purchased a lot of FO's from other places. But all things being equal - WSP will no longer be my GO-TO supplier.

I don't agree with their current business practices, even though they don't effect me - only 1 of my fragrances went up, and that was just a tiny bit.

I think it's just horrid that they are subsidizing Shipping Included to Canada with the dollars from their now-full-price locals. And the whole price match if you can is sorta a thumb to the nose, we don't care about you few accounts.

Imagine how your customers would react if you treated them like that?

You make a good point Deda. I despise walmart but still go there for a lot of stuff because I can't get it cheaper anywhere else. I avoid all their cheap crap and just buy stuff that I can get elsewhere, but I'm still supporting a company I hate. I guess WSP is no different.

AmyW said:
You make a good point Deda. I despise walmart but still go there for a lot of stuff because I can't get it cheaper anywhere else. I avoid all their cheap crap and just buy stuff that I can get elsewhere, but I'm still supporting a company I hate. I guess WSP is no different.

And we will continue to when price is the only thing we consider. Only considering (upfront and immediate) cost, is what gets this country into most of the messes it's in.

I wish I could say that I don't go to Wal-mart, EVER, but I rarely go there anymore. I CAN find almost anything somewhere else, be it though, I have to pay a little more for it. I've recently noticed that Walmart's prices aren't as fantastic as they used to be anyway.

It's going to be hard, but I don't think (haven't made up my mind just yet, this is all new info to me as of today) I'm going to get ANYTHING from them until they choose some more favorable business practices. Even if it means spending a few more bucks somewhere else. Hopefully I can be strong. :)

I stayed out of Wal-Mart for at least a few years after I worked there as a teen. Horrible people to work for management is bass-akwards. They are uncaring about employees and hold people right under the hours for full time. Bad, bad, bad. A few years ago I went in for tupperware boxes because their prices are better. I now go about once a year and may pick up a few sale items, but I will never do all of my shopping there again. I know I spend more shopping at Target but whatever.

WSP is the same way, I shopped there for my silicone molds specifically. I would rather see what I'm paying in shipping because the "free shipping" surely works in their favor and that is bs. Even if shipping included does come out even with what it would be, I still think it is weird to hide the shipping cost in the product. Maybe it was a way to make a drastic price increase and then in a few months announce that shipping will no longer be free and leave the prices where they're at.

AND, so far I have liked more of the FOs I've tried that weren't as expensive. It seems that expensive doesn't always mean better. But I do agree with you on our unwillingness in general to pay more for a quality product or job. (insert long winded rant on the state of the union) But American's want it all for less so what are you going to do.

kelleyaynn said:
Tabitha said:
kelleyaynn,

Those soapsicle molds are not specificaly made for soap. You can find them at places like bed, bath & beyond or other 'home/kitchen' shops. They are truly for making popsicles.

Yeah, I've looked, but WSP has the only one that looks like the popsicles I remember eating as a kid. Sigh.

Not true, I bought that exact same mold at a kitchen shop about 6-7 years ago, LONG before WSP had it. It is the EXACT the same mold.

This is a bad picture, but this is the mold.:
http://www.amazon.com/Norpro-423-Ice-Po ... /kitchn-20

Here is another, same mold.: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000C ... B0000CF7H6

Deda said:

I *may* still purchase something from WSP, but it will only be if I can't find a better price. I'm not in the habit of cutting off my nose to spite my face.

However, I'm through with blindly assuming that WSP has the best prices and the largest selection.

In the past, if I needed something other than POP mics (TKB) or bulk oil (SC) I went to WSP. Sure I've purchased a lot of FO's from other places. But all things being equal - WSP will no longer be my GO-TO supplier.

I don't agree with their current business practices, even though they don't effect me - only 1 of my fragrances went up, and that was just a tiny bit.

I think it's just horrid that they are subsidizing Shipping Included to Canada with the dollars from their now-full-price locals. And the whole price match if you can is sorta a thumb to the nose, we don't care about you few accounts.

I won't be shopping at WSP. I will not support deception at any price.

Tabitha said:
There are te scents I will be replaceing, if anyone knows of a dupe or a similar scent please post it here.

MUST relace:
*Vanilla Noir
*Mango Sorget
*Rose Lavender EO blend
*Blackberry Amber

Would LIKE to replace but can live without:
Lemon Lavender
Violet Bouquet
Santa's Pipe
Jack Frost
Lemon Meringue
Love Spell
Angel
Juniper Breeze
Raspberry Lemonade
Vanilla Bean Noel
Clean Laundry

I have replacement sources for everything else, containers, ingredients, etc, EXCEPT: black fishnet drawstring bags, soap bar size. Anyone have a source for those?

Tabitha, I love the Angel Baby from Aroma Haven. I think it's a much better dupe of Angel, and it's one of my best sellers. I hope someone can find a good Raspberry Lemonade. It's a good one for me, too. :cry:

I also like SaveonScents Love Spell better than the WSP version, and I can't tell the difference between WSP Vanilla Bean Noel and Candlescience's Very Vanilla, but I've only used the vanilla in soap and not in lotions or other bath products. Candlescience's Coconut Lime Verbena is good, too, but I usually kick up the lime in it a bit with some EO.

If anyone has a replacement for Ocean Rain, I'd love to know about it. Everything else I've tried doesn't have enough ozone.

Tabitha said:
Deda said:

I won't be shopping at WSP. I will not support deception at any price.

Agreed. But I'll never say never. As much as I abhor their business I won't endanger mine.

That said, other than the 3 fragrances I stated every other item I previously purchased from WSP has been sourced somewhere else, and with a $2 exception, at the same or better prices.

I'll start ordering samples and testing fragrances, but until I find replacements I've got about 2 lbs of each of those 3.

Tabitha said:
Not true, I bought that exact same mold at a kitchen shop about 6-7 years ago, LONG before WSP had it. It is the EXACT the same mold.

This is a bad picture, but this is the mold.:
http://www.amazon.com/Norpro-423-Ice-Po ... /kitchn-20

Here is another, same mold.: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000C ... B0000CF7H6

I am truly search-impaired. I looked at Amazon (I've been single handedly keeping them solvent for the last thirteen years) and didn't find either one. Thanks for the links.

Kelley

kelley, were you adding the word 'soap' to your search? being that it was made for the kitchen & not for soap I just searched 'popsicle mold' and found a few. Thye 1st link gives you the brand name. If you add that to your search it should yield even more results.

Tabitha said:
kelley, were you adding the word 'soap' to your search? being that it was made for the kitchen & not for soap I just searched 'popsicle mold' and found a few. Thye 1st link gives you the brand name. If you add that to your search it should yield even more results.

No. I think I used the term "popsicle", though as I redo that search,I find that the second mold you listed comes up (which is the one I was looking for). It is entirely likely that something distracted me while I was searching, and forgot to look through the whole list once I took care of whatever needed my attention. Multi-tasking inevitably means something gets overlooked!

Tabitha said:
...I have replacement sources for everything else, containers, ingredients, etc, EXCEPT: black fishnet drawstring bags, soap bar size. Anyone have a source for those?

Elements has a black organza bag...could that work for you Tabitha?

Deda said:
I'm going to order some from BB. I've never placed an order with BrambleBerry before, I was *trying* to stay on the East Coast.

Any one want to offer a few recommendations?

I LOVE their Sensuous Sandalwood. It's gorgeous! By far, my favorite Sandalwood FO of all.

Tabitha said:
Twilight woods sounds nice. Hope you can find a replacement.

Tayloredconcepts.com dupes fragrances for free.

You just send Robert a vial & then purchase 1oz when it's ready. If you like it you can then purchase larger qtys.

He is working on 5 for me right now. I can't wait to see how they turn out. They are not WSP, theye were other assorted scents that have been discoed, but he is certainly an option!

I tried them and did not have good luck at all. I had a fragrance that I thought I could not do without and my 2 sources for it both went out of business. I had to send Taylored Concepts a sample twice, they lost the first one and the samples that were sent to me were not close at all. After 3 tries I gave up and just picked a new fragrance. I am sure they are a good company and it just did not work for me. All turned out well because sales of the new scent are up alot. I have spent alot of money lately trying new fragrances and making new test batches of product. I am ordering more new ones after typing this message.

Bruce

I was dependent on Raspberry Lemonade, White Tea, and Eucalyptus Spearmint.

I discontinued the Eucalytpus Spearmint.. But I am working on replacing the Raspberry Lemonade and White Tea..

I washed my hands too but their is a two items I have to get from there no one else has .. more research..

I

I love WSP's Cake Batter Ice Cream, not sure where there would be a replacement, they have nice customer service and quality products. With that said, I haven't been thrilled w/all the price increases, I stick to stuff on sale or cheap and have to forgo those jacked up prices of other things. When I spend over 30$ the shipping is free, so it evens out in the end. I like that most of their fragrances are pthalate-free. I get about 1 out of every 8 or so will be a bad scent and the other 7 will be great. The molds, etc are always good quality. I have my eye on a frosting gun, but it's over $40.

Lately I buy most of my FOils from NG. They also have pthalate-free, but sell in smaller sizes of 1 ounce, so that is nice for the cheaper price to be able to try out scents, plus they have great customer service and good scents. I can't get everything I need from NG, though (although I buy my natural MP soap from them and I love it). I do get packaging from them now (previously WP, b/c it is cheaper). When it comes to base oils or butters, I have to go elsewhere.

I also go to Brambleberry but that is only b/c I live close and can drive there to pick up the butters/oils I need that are pretty good deals; mango butter, jojoba oil per 16 ounces, etc. I'm not in love with their molds offered and their scents, I have sniffed them ALL at their store and not thrilled with most of them. NG and WSP far outdo them on this.

I have also bought from The Sage, roller bottles which were great and base oils for a great price (but I have not tried FO's).

I also have shopped at New Aromatics, for molds, shea butter and bath butter. They seem good and have a bigger selection of natural/organic items. I have no interest in their FO's and they do not have recipes on how to use their bases (which would be appreciated).

Besides these 5 places, I'm not sure else I would shop, but am interested in Daystar for FO's (they sound good anyway, but there are no reviews on this). I also am looking into other sites for molds I have my eye on.

Latest posts

Back