Rebatched soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irja

Reaction score
Our second soap didn't turn out as we imagined it. It was too pale for our taste, so we decided to rebatch. We added charcoal for color and some melt and pour embeds. We started making soap with melt and pour and then eventually turned entirely to cold process, so we have some melt and pour embeds ready. We like the unusual look of this soap.

SDC11767_1296x972.jpg

SDC11775_1296x972.jpg

That looks great! I love the purple and black color combo! Great job on the rebatch! A lot of the time rebatches come out quite ugly lol. But yours looks great!!

I love the color combination! I started with melt and pour also, and still have some left so I can do embeds or other little projects while I am waiting for my soaps to be ready to unmold. I really love doing the cold process though and am truly hooked on it!

Thanks all for positive comments :)
@Pilar - After I grated soap I put it in a stainless pot. Since it was only two weeks old, I didn't need to add too much water. Someone in their blog on rebatching said that you have to imagine grated soap as salad. You have to add water in the amount of salad dressing to lettuce. I just followed that advice. I wrote about it on my blog, but I'm not sure if we are allowed to put links on our blogs here. Anyway, I used a double boiler and turned my stove to the lowest temperature. I covered the pot and just let it sit there for an hour before I even looked at it. Then I uncovered it and saw soap was getting soft around the edge and in the middle, so I gently stirred it and let it sit for another half an hour. After it had started to melt around the edge it seemed to be melting faster than in the beginning. I added my ingredients at the end and you can see the result. I had read a lot about rebatching before I dared to try and it came out OK. Maybe it's just beginners luck :)

I truly love cold process too. I like the fact that you take something as common as oil and turn it into something that looks and smells great. When we unmold and see our soap we feel enormous happiness. It really is addictive. I just don't know who is going to use all that soap :)

Irja, I know that feeling. I have several pounds of soap in my apartment which I share with my partner. I have no idea what to do with it all! I think I am going to bring some in to choir practice and give some to my partner's mother for Mother's day... and some of my other friends also. Oh, and of course there is the fact that I keep making more!!

Back