really white soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gaerwen

Reaction score
I am trying to make a really white cp soap. Is anyone willing to share a recipe or can you tell me what oils to use to keep it really white?
My base recipe is 40% olive and I havent gone too much out of that range. I assume no olive is the way to go?

I get pretty white soap with OO, CO, PO & Castor with no milks added. However I find with my milk soaps I generally get a pale beige. I'll add TD to most of those if not coloring. You could also do 100% CO at 20% superfat. Give a really white soap. I'm sure others will shar their experience and knowledge.

My whitest soaps are made with Tallow or lard and also use coconut oil, sunflower and castor. Olive oil soaps turn a yellow on me.

Try adding sunflower oil to your soap. I've used Mission peak's organic SoapQuick in the past and my soap turned out really white. It was the whitest soap I've made so far without adding T.D.

Following is a blend of organic QuickSoap:

CO 27%
EX OO 2%
Palm 35 %
High Oleic Sunflower 36%

CO and Soybean, with a bit of TD and Kaolin Clay will produce a hard snow white bar.

Back