Rain Forest Romp

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starduster

Reaction score
Rain Forest Romp is the second rebatch of a 3rd of my once apon a Story soap from my New years day soaping.
So far it looks yummy.
I used a slow cooker pot.I am not sure whether or not that is a true crock pot but it works.
It is a lovely olive green.I used Tropical rain forest fragrance, it already had strawberry champagne in it. I also put some Lime ess. Oil in.I had soaked a cup full of lemon verbena in the oils for a week.There are other natural oils of course.I have 16 unicorn soap molds and the rest are dragonflies and buttefies etc.Rain Forest romp is about knowing when to drop the reins and allow the unicorn ( lifes energies) to carry us along for a while while we relax, enjoy and gather our strength and hopes again.
It looks and smells like a tropical Rain forest just after a refreshing shower.
The colour was made up from Saphron, Indigo, blue alyramarie and the orriginal pink clay colouring. The lemon verbena definately coloured the oils a green colour.
Lucky me that worked out. :lol:

Sounds sooooo purdy!!!!! I'll take two, please!

Digit

Ooooo sounds awesome. Pictures please, please, please.

Sheets of gold

ChrissyB said:
They are so beautiful Mary!! They dont look like soap!! How did you do the beautiful golden unicorn horns?
The gold is gold leaf from Heirloom Body Care,
http://www.heirloombodycare.com.au/
It comes in sheets and is very fiddly. Back in early 20's I attended a sign wrting course and they showed us how to use it on windows. It isn't easy to apply ,it flits all over the place,unless I am doing it wrong. Applying with alcahol :wink: , on the brush ! Itwas fairly economical though.
Mary

Very pretty - I love gold leaf - I used to do signs as well so I know just how delicate and fussy it is to use....good job!

Re: Sheets of gold

starduster said:
Applying with alcahol :wink: , on the brush !
Oh..........I dunno............should you be using a brush AND alcohol at the same time?
smiley1724.gif
Or is that why I haven't seen the unicorns? They really are incredibly beautiful!!!!

Digit

What a mix

Thankyou to every one.
I do love never knowing quite how something will turn out.
Digit ,that little girl with pigtails is me to a tee, minus the pig tails of course.
Me and paint brush plus cup of coffee or wine maeans that yes I drink from the wrong one and dip into the wrong container at times. Never fails.
:lol:

Your descriptions and picture really grab me. You have created a fabulous batch - so full of magical intent and energy. I imagine holding a bar of your soap would feel like holding a magic wand. Too cool.
TAS

Latest posts

Back