Quick question...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed that cinnamon powder gives a purplish brown color. Maybe not what you're looking for though..

Alkanet will give you purple, depending on how much you use.
Is this soap for personal use?
When I first started soaping and didn't have many colourants, I broke up some old eyeshadows (they come in soooo many colours), and I figured that they are only mica and probably titanium dioxide and someother skin safe (obviously) ingredients. So I ground them up into a powder and mixed with some reserved oil and added that to the soap.
I wouldn't tell you to do that if they soap was for sale, but if it's just for your use. It's a bit messy, and proper colourants are much easier, but I know what it's like when you've got an idea in your head and you want to try it NOW!!

Yes, just practice batches :D I got some new molds in the mail today and I was dying to try somthing out! :D Thanks for the suggestion!

What a great idea Chrissy! I'll definitely be trying that out (not selling, just for us).

Back