PVC pipe stuck soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soapyguy

Reaction score
Has anyone used PVC pipe for a soap mold. We used it and the soap is stuck inside. I read that i would be easier to get out. Its only been in there for 2 days will it shrink more(loose water) with time?

did you line the mold with freezer paper or wax paper? At least oil the mold? It might shrink if you leave it in there a while longer, maybe. Make sure that both ends are open and there is plenty of air circulation.

It will shrink more in time. You might try putting it in the freezer for an hour or so then try removing the then. Have you tried to use anything like a plunger of sorts? I don't line my PVC and never have any trouble getting the soap out unless I try to remove it too soon. PVC is one time when patience really comes into play. :) Here's my usual routine: I pour the soap into the unlined 3" PVC, I put it in the freezer for a half hour or 3 hours or overnight (whatever), then I put it in the fridge. It's frozen/refrigerated for 48 hours minimum. I use a 2" piece of PVC that has an end cap on it (so the cap makes that end a little larger than 2"). I set that on the table with the cap end up. I put the 3" with soap in it on top of the cap and then I slide the 3" pipe down over the 2", forcing the soap out. (I hope this makes sense.) It does sometimes take a little muscle to get the sliding started, but once it starts it just glides out. I do not slice the logs until they are at room temperature which usually takes a few hours. If you try to slice when it's cold it will crumble.

Good luck! :)

My soap was stuck in the PVC pipe for three weeks. I just left in there, forgot about it cuz it was WAY stuck! Then after about three weeks I popped it in the freezer and pop, out it came. Give it time, it will budge.

I find that some recipes work great in PVC some do not. My recipe was a lard based one. I have a castile that came out super easy after 48 hours no freezer necessary.

I've used PVC lots of times but I have ALWAYS lined it with waxed freezer paper. It slips right out with a little push from the bottom :)

Picture this: place can of soup in one end of pvc pipe with soap in it. Slam hard on floor until it starts to budge, bringing dogs running. Once the soap started moving, it came out easily. Yes, the mold was lined! Someone suggested greasing with Vaseline.

When I'm using PVC pipe I grease it down with mineral oil and it pops out like no-one's business. I've never had good luck with lining them...

Whatever you do, don't bang it on cement. Shatters the soap bad:Kitten Love:

I lined mine with freezer paper, left in the fridge for several hours, ran under hot water for a couple of minutes. Then I pushed it with a candlestick until it started to slide, then just pulled it out from the other end.

Whatever you do, don't bang it on cement. Shatters the soap bad:Kitten Love:

And dents the cans... put it in the garage and forget about it for a week. Then re-try... works for me!

How long is your pipe? The key is to make them about a foot long, so it will be easier for you to take them out!

I have one of the column molds from BB that has a liner. Very nice for removing soap. I also have some that I had made at the hardware store - these I just line with freezer paper. Works just as well.

I have PVC pipe from hardware store lined with parchment paper and they just slide right out.

I use PVC pipe and always lined them with baking sheets. But on the first page of this thread someone mentioned not using a liner without problems. So I thought, let's try that. Just poured and wrapped the soap, it's next to the heater to make it gel. I'm curious how easy it will come out in 1-2 days.

I use those real thin sheets of disposable cutting boards. It's like plastic. I just roll it up in the mold and pour. Slides right out.

Latest posts

Back