PUMPKIN in CP SOAP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoaperBee

Reaction score
I have a questions: I am making 4 lbs of CP soap.. How much pumpkin (canned) would I use and when do I add it.. I want that nice orange color. Not sure when to add it during the process.
Thanks in advance..
Deb

you can add it once the oils and lye solution are emulsified - early trace. I'd suggest no more than an ounce per pound of oils, but maybe others go higher. it's got a lot of sugar so watch for over-heating.

oh, and since it's also quite fluid, reduce the water by the amount of pumpkin you use.

i tried canned pumpkin only once, and got a brownish color that looked more like pumpkin pie. since then i've used fresh pureed pumpkin, which keeps its lovely orange color. i've done both these methods. 1.) all pumpkin puree instead of water for your lye mix; and 2.) half distilled water for the lye mix, half fresh pumpkin at trace.

I make pumpkin soap once a year for fall. I use it in replace of my fluid. I treat it like milk and freeze it in ice cubes. I then weight bout how much its asking. I do deep discount so I dont have to worry about having too much fluid and a long hardening period. I also add a touch of nutmeg and pumpkin spice to it.

It turns brown most part but it smells very nice

Back