probably stupid questions

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lavender.dreams.candles

Reaction score
I got some cool recipes and I'm going to try them out....One of the recipes has JoJoba spheres...Well, now here comes the questions!

do jojoba spheres color the cp soap or can I do like a swirl soap with them in the mixture?

all of the recipes ask for palm kernel and palm oil...can I sub the palm kernel for rice bran oil? and if I do will it still give me the effect the palm kernel would?

I got some vanilla stabilizer from a friend and was wondering if I should add it to any cp soap I make with fragrance oils? (my friend died before I could ask her)

where can I find a cran-raspberry fragrance oil?

I think that is it for now...lol

I've never used jojoba spheres in soap so I cannot speak to that part.

Palm kernel and rice bran oils contribute very different qualities to soap. There is a lot of information on this at soapcalc.com - you can play with the calculator there and look at the "soap qualities info (tab at the top of that page).

Many vanilla stabilizers are for MP soap, so it will depend on which one you have. Typically it is used by mixing with the fragrance oil before adding to the soaping oils or the soap "batter".

dunno where you can find that FO

Jojoba spheres will look like little dots of color thru your soap. I've done a really nice soap with no color, but a portion of the soap mixed with the spheres, so I got a solid plain colored soap with swirls of little blue dots in it (if that makes sense?)

Palm Kernel Oil is a lathering/cleansing oil. If you want to sub it, I would use coconut oil, but make sure you run your formula thru a lye calculator, as the calculations may change.

lavender.dreams.candles said:
...where can I find a cran-raspberry fragrance oil?

Haven't run across a cran-raspberry FO but I got a nice cranberry FO from Peaks. You could mix your own blend; I know I have seen raspberry by itself. Try Peaks, Brambleberry or WSP

Probably stupid questions.

I have quite a few colored jojoba spheres. They work quite well in CP soap in swirls or mixed through the batch. I once tried sprinkling them on top. They fall off and make an unsightly mess. Better to mix them in. In uncolored soap they can look really good. If the soap overheats in the mold, I wonder, though, if they would melt and not look so appealing. In my ungelled soap, these little balls of color are a nice visual.

Latest posts

Back