Soap gone wrong - oil oozing out

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nigeljjj

Reaction score
Hi

Anyone can help?

My recipe:

1.) 500g crude palm kernel oil
2.) 320g cow milk powder
3.) 88g sodium hydroxide
4.) 190g water

Method: cold process

Problem: initially the mixture is creamy yellow, afterwards it slowly turn dark brown and the smell is awful and you can see the oil oozing out.

First picture is the aftermath
Second pic is before the aftermath

May i know whats wrong?

IMG_3991.jpeg

View attachment IMG_3990.jpeg

Your instant milk quantity. Should be in relationship, to the water used. Also, when using powdered milk. You can add powder to the oils. Prior to adding lye solution. Or add it after emulsion. I've not used PKO. Does it make a good 100% soap?

Can i use 100% milk powder to replace oil? Because as I know theres some butterfat content in milk powder.

Yes, i pour the milk powder to PKO directly and whisk it. And then pour the lye into it

Can i use 100% milk powder to replace oil? Because as I know theres some butterfat content in milk powder.

Yes, i pour the milk powder to PKO directly and whisk it. And then pour the lye into it

No. The milk powder should only be about 1 or 2 tablespoons per pound of oil used. You have to have the oil to make soap. You cannot just replace the oil with something that is not oil.

Latest posts

Back