Powdered Milk in CP Soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PLEASE SELECT 2 OF THE OPTIONS BELOW

• I add my powered milk in the oils BEFORE adding the lye

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • I add my powered milk in the oils AFTER adding the lye

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • I wrap my soap made with powdered milk & let it go through gel stage

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I refrigerate my soap made with powdered milk to prohibit/stop it from gelling

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lady_A

Reaction score
This is a question (actually 2 questions) for those of you who add powdered milk to your soaps.
Please make sure you use the poll as well as answer. Please select TWO answers.

It will be interesting to see the results...
(The poll is above this post)

Last edited:
I use a bit of water to dissolve the powdered milk and mix it into my liquid oils before mixing in the lye.

I typically let the soap go through gel stage. But, occasionally I freeze the soap to prevent gel.

I mix my GM powder with Sodium Lactate and My Kaolin Clay and make a slurry. I do this because I have miss putting in these ingredients. Too many containers I guess.

Hmmmm. It's not showing up for me.
It's at the very top of the page :) looks like this:

Poll.jpg

Last edited:
I think the polls don't work for the mobile version. I guess that means I have to get off my lazy butt and go sit in another chair. First World problems I tell ya. ☺

I think the polls don't work for the mobile version. I guess that means I have to get off my lazy butt and go sit in another chair. First World problems I tell ya. ☺

If your on a mobile device and having difficulties you can try....
On your device, in the browser your currently viewing this page with,
go to: Menu
Select view as web page

However, if you notice on the screen shot I posted, I'm also using a mobile device.
Don't ya just love technology LoL

Last edited:
Found it!!!
I add the milk to oils before lye. I'm pretty new to soap making. Maybe have 10 batches so far. Most of them with Milk. I have only done one batch ungelled. Rest allowed to gel. So far haven't seen a huge difference (look-wise). But have yet tried it out yet ( ungelled).
I have a question. So if my oils are room temp will the milk not mix as well? I have noticed with one of my batches it seems exfoliating when I didn't add anything but powdered milk and FO.

I hope everyone takes the poll...
It will be interesting to see the results....
I'll post the results at the end of the month :)

Latest posts

Back