Piping on older soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dblbubble

Reaction score
I made a batch of soap a few days ago and didn't like how the tops turned out, so I cut them off. I would like to pipe a CP topping on them, but don't know if this would work on soap that has already saponified for a few days.

Usually I pipe a topping at the same time I make soap, so I'm concerned if this would work on older soap. Has anyone done this successfully where the piping doesn't fall off after it hardens/cures? Would spritzing with alcohol help before piping & does it work?

Yes, it can be done. I recently did the same for one that pretty much seized in the pot but managed to get it into the mold and the top looked really nasty. So, a few days later I kind of scored the top, sprayed with some alcohol then poured a new batch on top. It worked and I didn't get any separation. I've also done it with cupcake soaps but just sprayed with alcohol before piping and it stuck with no separation.

Scoring the top as shunt said is a good tactic. I've also heard that CPOPing will help form a better bond.

You don't want it to get too hot though, if you CPOP, as the piping can lose it's form. I would just wrap and try to ensure gel of the piping to help it adhere if the soap is a day or 2 old already.

Latest posts

Back