Our first soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irja

Reaction score
This is the first soap that we made a month ago. It is olive oil, palm oil and coconut oil cold process soap colored with mica and scented with lavender EO. We are very happy how it turned out.

IMG_4243_819x614.jpg

IMG_4252_819x614.jpg

Wow, this is your first soap? It looks great!

May I ask, did you add the mica at trace?

Thank you all very much. Yes, we added mica at trace. We took a spoon from the amount of our oils and mixed mica into it, before adding it to the whole mixture at trace. Those black specks are dried lavender buds.

Very nice! It is especially nice for your 1st soap! Great job! You went head on with your first one, botanicals, 2 colors, AND fragrance! Wow! That turned out beautifully! :)

That is just as pretty as any soap! I love it :) The colors came out very nice!

Wow, that is a beautiful first soap! I love the way the color pops out at you and the top part is just simply wonderful. I could show you the bag of laundry detergent that is my first soap ;-)

Wow, that is an amazing first soap! Congratulations! Make sure you keep a bar or half a bar to see how it lasts over time! My first batch of soap was a plain one, I made in December, and it's getting DOS due to the oil type, and it's not smelling nice. It was a great first bar to make though for learning purposes!

Wow, this is very pretty, especially for a first try. I think you're off to a great start. Plan on making more soon? :D

Thank you all again :) Thanks for all the advice you gave.
@Lizflowers42- Of course we are going to keep at least one. It is our first :)
@melstan775 -We already made some more, but I need to take some photos.

Latest posts

Back