Ouch...that hurt :(

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nattynoo

Reaction score
Got my very first real true zap today.
Not fun :(

4kg of gorgeous purdy soap in the bin....not happy.

New FO. I knew from the minute it started to seize I was in for trouble. It heated up & oozed fluid in the mould really quickly.
It was just sooooo purdy.....boohoo....don't ya hate that?

I am ill about it Hazel. :cry:
Not sure weather to try again today or not. I've never had a soap move so fast & heat up so quickly. I turned my back on it once in the mould & it was oily. :cry:
I've got lye made up to re-try. I've done full water this time & will soap cooler but just hesitant to waste more oil on it.

Rose petals.... :lol:
I think I'm just fussing with my colours too long is my problem Hazel.
I'm pretty sure if I soap with full water & put it in the fridge straight away I'll b right.
I want a red/deep pink swirl.
Perhaps I'll settle for a straight pink.... in fact I think I will.

Are you soaping at a cooler temp? Also, are you doing an ITM swirl? I've had really good luck with taking soap out, coloring it and then adding fragrance to the uncolored part. Then I pour the colored soap back into the bowl (4 spots equally spaced and one in the center) , stir around the perimeter to start to incorporate the color and then pour it into the mold. Voila! Nice swirls. :D

That sucks Nat. I hate wasting product, 4 kgs is a lot too.

Have you tried the Sweet Cakes 'True Rose', from NCS, it smells exactly like Rose and soaps awesomely - no A that I have noticed.

I do it axactly as you describe Hazel. Perhaps ITM instead of ITP would be better.
Thanx for that Busy swapping might b an option yet :lol:
So hard when u get an idea stuck in your head. I love this FO is smells DEVINE!!

Also Hazel, I might try going a little cooler. There's such a fine line, I get frustrated :roll: If I soap too cool I get stearic from the palm.

I'll let you know i go with it. Hopefully I'll have a brilliant photo to share :lol:

Good luck! If you're not having success with the ITP then maybe ITM would be better for you. I just haven't had much success with ITM swirling.

Isn't it funny how what works for one person doesn't work for another person?

Bubbles Galore said:
Bugger! My rule of thumb is to use full water with all florals and new FOs. :wink:

Great advice! I find florals move fast as a rule, but it is always good to be cautious with a new FO.

LOL Nat, that sounded painful.

I have to admit after reading about zap testing I licked a few of your soaps :p

Hahahahahahhahahahahahahaha

You'll know all about it if u get a zap Nurse...trust me. It actually gave me a fright & it hurt....lol.
Off topic, did u make your soap??

Back