Oregon Trails suggestions

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pgnlady

Reaction score
I want to get a couple of sampler packs from Oregon Trails... does anyone have some suggestions?? They have a ton of fragrances and I'd like to hear from people that have tried them... Thanks.

i love everything i have gotten from them.
off the top of my head Mediteranian sea salt, almond amere(sp?), coconut lime verbena, cherokee (a little stron oob but soaps nicely and only discolors to the palest off white)

I've loved everything I've bought from them, too. My faves are (in no particular order):

Mediterranean Sea Salt (A fresh, floral/sea breeze scent to my nose)

Confederate Jasmine (Doesn't smell like jasmine to me, but it's a very lovely floral scent. I renamed my soap made with it 'Oriental Flower Garden').

Pineapple Blossom (Watch out- moves very fast, but it's an awesome fruity/floral tropical scent, like a cross between plumaria and pineapple. I love it!)

Caribbean Pineapple (Smells like straight-up, spot-on juicy pineapple. And it's very strong, too!)

German Chamomile Tea (A very lovely, delicate herbal tea scent. It's very, very nice.)

Green Irish Tweed (A great dupe. Very strong)

Jasmin Yin Hao (This one is an uber special favorite of mine. My nose likes it very much. It sounds weird, but it smells like a cross between a sophisticated grape and a bright, sparkling tea to me.)

Melia Nani (A lovely Plumeria scent)

Ol' Spice type (Hubby and son love this one. It's a spot-on dupe of Classic Old Spice. Moves very fast. I have to HP this one, but it's worth it.)

Peche de Vigne (A very lovely white peach scent)

Rosemary Mint (Smells just like its name)

Watermelon Patch (The most realistic watermelon FO I have ever smelled. No Jolly Rancher tones- just straight-up juicy watermelon).

Egyptian Musk (I have not soaped this one, but I use it in a perfume spray. It's a very lovely musk. Lots of people ohh and ahh over it.)

IrishLass :)

Does OT have sampler packs? I looked on their site and only saw sampler packs for carrier oils. Would love to know more.

I haven't seen Sample Pack offer Judy as I would be buyiing them :0) I am on a bigtime Oregan soaping trip at the moment I am so loving their oils
Favorites to date are
Bayrum...........Oh boy I am so loving this one :0)
Black Raspberry and Vanilla
Carribean Pineapple
Island Lullaby
Michael Kors type
Green tea and Bamboo is beautiful in lotion not yet soaped it
Have more to play with and will keep an eye on this thread...........Cause I am going to reorder in a few weeks time :0)

They do offer sample packs. Scroll all the way down on the home page and you will see it; I do believe you can get 6-2oz samples for 23.50. Their scents are really nice. :)

SoapPoopette 8)

lavender fields! this one is nearly dead on to my EO. i have both in front of me and the only difference i can detect is that the FO is slightly "softer" than the EO. it smells wonderful!!

Anyone know if their Peche de Vigne sticks in CP soap? Most of other vendor's peach FO's that I have tried either morphed or faded (except SW).

I love Oregon Trails's Mysore sandalwood! Personally, I am not a big fan of the Lavender Fields, it's a little too aggressively floral for my nose.

I really like the Mysore Sandalwood, too
Alone or with a citrus,it is wonderful

Come on guys, you're killing me here! I'm really trying to be good and not keep loading up (and spending more money) on fragrance oils. I just went to that website the other day, by the time I got to the check out-another $100.00 cart! You guys really need to help me quit buying f/o's not want to spend more. Is there a 12 step program for this addiction and where can I sign up for it? BTW, I did a coop for Lebermuth (100.00 on that one, too) and I haven't even gotten those yet! HELP.

Bayougirl said:
Come on guys, you're killing me here! I'm really trying to be good and not keep loading up (and spending more money) on fragrance oils. I just went to that website the other day, by the time I got to the check out-another $100.00 cart! You guys really need to help me quit buying f/o's not want to spend more. Is there a 12 step program for this addiction and where can I sign up for it? BTW, I did a coop for Lebermuth (100.00 on that one, too) and I haven't even gotten those yet! HELP.

have you heard anything from them? I made an order around the 22nd and they didnt collect my money until the 25th and i haven't heard anything since then. i usually get a shipping email or something but so far nothing... i emailed but no response so far. I love the company but wish they would communicate quicker...

Krissy, I chickened out and backed out the cart, just spent 100.00 at WSP earlier. I'm really trying to behave, but it is an addiction. That's why I need you guys to help me stay strong and not order any more soap stuff!

Thanks everyone for the input. It has taken me forever but I finally put my order in. I got Bahama Vanilla, Kauai Ginger Blossom, Michael Kors (type), Bay Rum, Jasmin Yin Hao, and Mediterranian Sea Salt. Can't wait to get them :)

I had some others from them that I ordered before I knew they had a sample pack. Chai Tea... YUM!! Green Irish Tweed, haven't soaped yet but OOB it is Wow!!

stay as far away as you can from peche de vigne or what ever it is called. (peach on the vine) it separates and never ever mixes back in. it creates horrid looking soap.

i love GIT in soap, very nice and fresh smelling. Mediterranean Sea Salt is also very nice and is unisex. i haven't tried the others but would love to hear what you think. :)

oh, and just FYI- i ordered the sample pack and then after i paid, went and recalculated everything and would have saved a few $ had i bought each item separately. :? just check before you check out. :)

krissy said:
stay as far away as you can from peche de vigne or what ever it is called. (peach on the vine) it separates and never ever mixes back in. it creates horrid looking soap.

Ooooh, I love their Peche de Vigne. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with it. Seems it can be a touchy one in CP. One of the reviews on the ScentReviewBoard mentioned recurring ricing but the soap still came out okay in the end. I've CP'd it twice so far and although I must say that it moved a little on the quick side for me, I was able to get it in the mold smoothly in time before it set up (and thankfully without any nasty issues like ricing or the separation you experienced). Don't know if it matters, but I used it at .7 oz ppo and my finished soap came out great both times.

IrishLass :)

Latest posts

Back