Orange! HP with 10X EO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skatergirl46

Soaper on wheels
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I received my BB order full of scents and colorants and I had to try the 10X orange EO. Natural orange scent is one of my favorites. This time the color of the soap and the scent even match. I used BB lab color to get the orange. (Sometimes my sons request a color that doesn't necessarily match the scent, like the blue apple scented batch). This EO smells wonderful. I had it sitting in an open cup while I was cooking the batch and the kitchen smelled just like fresh oranges. I ended up adding a bit more EO than I should have. (I shouldn't do math before coffee in the morning). This is the first batch I have made with SL. I noticed that the soap was smoother throughout the processing, and I unmolded it about 6 1/2 hours later after it had been refrigerated. I always scrape the crockpot with my silicone scraper to get that little ball of soap that's left over. My hands love this one and when I used it the smell was like I had peeled a ripe orange. My family likes it when I cut the slices in half because they are easier for them to hold in the shower.
Here's the recipe I used:

Lard 55%
CO 15%
Castor 10%
HO Safflower 5%
Cocoa Butter 5%
PKO flakes 5%
Shea Butter 5%

6% SF
Added SL, 1.5 T. sugar, 10X EO

The soap calc. numbers are:

Hardness 45
Cleansing 14
Conditioning 49
Bubbly 23
Creamy 40
Iodine 52
INS 155

Ooh those look great! I love citrus scents and your recipe sounds nice.. White too! I've been looking for a recipe with PKO flakes I accidentally bought.
Care if I give this a go?

Ooh those look great! I love citrus scents and your recipe sounds nice.. White too! I've been looking for a recipe with PKO flakes I accidentally bought.
Care if I give this a go?

Please do! :) I am not in the soap selling business and I don't mind sharing any of my own recipes. I am new at this and learning all of the time about different ways to do things. The kind people here have given me so many tips and ideas!

Thank you! I will be at some point but right now it's in the 'oil testing' phase and trying out bunches to see what works. So many areas to evaluate.
Appreciate it!

Those look so nice Skatergirl! Orange is my favorite color and I just purchased the orange X10 EO. I think I know what I'm going to be making next ;)

Back