Oakmoss Sandalwood

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dudeitsashley

Reaction score
The reviews had said that this wouldn't discolor and I am so bummed that it did in mine. :roll:

0313141.jpg

031914.jpg

It's probably a pain in the butt when the colors do not come out as intended but this is truly pretty...I like it!

I'm often disappointed with my soap, because it almost never comes out as I hoped. There's either too much graininess, not the right color, too much soda ash, gloppy swirls, forget the fragrance ... :( Time usually takes care of these things, so I wait. I think your soap is lovely, and I actually like the brown a bit better than the purple. Can I ask how do you not have any soda ash all over your soap like I do?! I even sprayed with 91% alcohol 3x over 90 minutes on my last batch, and it seems to be worse.

Well, it discolored to gorgeous!

I'm often disappointed with my soap, because it almost never comes out as I hoped. There's either too much graininess, not the right color, too much soda ash, gloppy swirls, forget the fragrance ... :( Time usually takes care of these things, so I wait. I think your soap is lovely, and I actually like the brown a bit better than the purple. Can I ask how do you not have any soda ash all over your soap like I do?! I even sprayed with 91% alcohol 3x over 90 minutes on my last batch, and it seems to be worse.

I'm in that same ashy boat. It's gotta be my recipe or my climate...maybe both. There doesn't seem to be anything I can do to stop the ash. I'm learning to ignore it.

I didn't do anything to try and prevent the soda ash. I don't know if it makes a difference but I do not gel my soaps. Sometimes I get soda ash and sometimes I don't.

Sorry your colors are not as planned, but it is really very pretty!

Back