Nurture Soap Supplies/BIG sale

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got a refund on my shipping. Thanks Carrie! (esp since it was an international order)

I had to sign up for my Obama health care plan today so I was not the greatest mood in the world when I first got home. I’d rather spend my money on soapy stuff. (Political commentary redacted)… Thank goodness I received my Nurture Soap Supply order. I am the proud owner of all of Carrie’s scents with the exception of Lavender and Fairy Garden which weren’t available at the time. I usually buy “clean”, citrus scents so a lot of these were out of my normal comfort zone, especially the “foodie” blends but I’m looking forward to soaping with all of them.
Out of the bottle impressions:
Caramel Coffee: Out of the bottle this initially reminds me of the dark cookie part you get on an Oreo cookie. Next you can smell the caramel, and finally a deep rich coffee note. I like this but I’d rather drink it then soap with it.
Island Getaway: The floral note is definitely there but it is not overpowering. The top linen note makes this clean without any suntan lotion smell to it. I think it would work well in lotions as well as soap. A winner for me.
Fresh Picked Apples: Good apple scent; on the light side- will probably have to use at max percentage but a true apple scent.
Juicy Apricot: Also on the light side; sweet. Will probably use as a blender for my herbal scents.
Twilight Romance: Love this one. I can’t stop smelling it. Though the floral note is there, the amber adds a cleanness to it which I think men would like as well. (My husband approved – and he hates when I stick bottles under his nose to smell).
Blueberry Breakfast: Totally reminds me of blueberry muffins with a sugary note.
Christmas Joy: I also like this one a lot. I think you can easily use this all year round- it doesn’t have the traditional bayberry and clove scents; I can pick up a strong orange and a light pine with a little candy sweetness to it.
Clean Laundry: I’ve never purchased this type of scent before, so my description may be a little wonky but this reminds me of spray starch on a freshly laundered shirt. I like it.
Forbidden Fruit: A nice light fruit with a strong apple note. I can also smell pineapple with a sweet orange.
After the Rain: Very strong out of the bottle as compared to the previous scents. Strong ozone and floral, jasmine notes. Not my favorite out of the bottle but I believe it will soap very well.
Frangipani Jasmine: Strong floral with an earthy base note. I will probably use this as a blender with something that I find too sweet.
Celtic Storm: Another one I can’t stop smelling. I am not a fan of musk scents, but when combined with the vanilla this just totally works. The main floral here is Lily of the Valley; not too strong. A really nice blend for me.
Cranberry Fig: Another winner for me. It has more of a bright, not too sweet note of the cranberry, and the combination of the fig adds some complexity to the scent.
Cucumber Melon: More melon then cucumber scent.
Nag Champa: This is the first NC that I have purchased and I absolutely adore it. Everything is clean and the patchouli is definitely there but not overpowering.
Coconut Lime: My least favorite of the group. It has a very strong musk base note to it which overpowers the lime.

I placed my order an hour and 20 minutes into the sale...still awaiting fulfillment.

Cindy, did you already get your order from the sale?!?

Thanks for the review, Cindy. I'm not allowing myself to buy more FOs until I use the ones I already have... but I'm building my next wish list already. :)

You'll have to let us know how they soap.

Looks like after the problems they had during the sale they are switching servers and will be doing another sale when the site is back up. So we get a second chance to break the bank.

I was VERY pleased to see that email. I didn't place an order because the shipping charges were through the roof, and once they said they'd be refunding overcharges, they were sold out of mica. They definitely had some hiccups during the sale, but I'm very pleased by the customer service. I can't wait to try their micas!

If anyone ordered a mystery mica set and you're still awaiting fulfillment, I got an email from Carrie saying they are waiting on some special care to put in the mica sets.

I didn't get an email about another sale! COuld someone please post it when it comes up? I wanted to get more TD and I wouldn't mind trying a to snag a couple FO's to try. I was having troubles so I finished my cart and ran as soon as I could.

She said as soon as the new website is up she'll have a 24 hour sale. You really need to be on the mailing list. Sadly right now I can't link to her site because it is down for rebuild. She said it should be back up in 7 days (from yesterday). I'll post here when I get the e-mail announcing the sale - but Carrie is also a member here, so she might post in this thread also.

An excerpt from the email Carrie sent out: "We know a lot of you tried placing orders during the sale and couldn't due to technical issues. When we reopen the site and after inventory is restocked we are going to extend the sale for an extra 24 hours. We feel it is not fair that many did not get to order because of site issues, so we are creating the opportunity for those that missed their chance to have another one! Our site reopening will be announced in two ways: On our Facebook page and via newsletter. If you are not signed up for our newsletter you may like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/NurtureSoapSupplies to be the first to receive the news!"

I used my first mica today from NSS, back from the first big sale, along with two other colorants from another supplier and wow, what a difference! They are so easy to blend and just beautiful! When is the next sale???!!!

Carrie was hoping to have her site back up and running in a week - she's doing all the work herself so hopefully she can achieve her timeline goal. I would start looking for e-mails, FB announcement from next Wed on.

Back