not all evoos are alike

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosey

Reaction score
You know, my first batches were made with EVOO and it was the regular color and then I switched to OO. Well, one day when I went to a health food store, I picked up some EVOO (I actually thought it was OO, I was in a hurry). Anyways, since I needed 70oz for it, I decided to use the huge can I bought instead of opening 3 smaller bottles (I bought 101oz).

That stuff was so green! I wonder what color the soap will be.

I made a 72% EVOO and then coconut, Palm and Castor with sugar. Very little of the last 2.

I split the batch: unscented, unscented oatmeal, oatmeal lavender EO.

It will probably be off-white to slightly yellowish... I love EVOO, I think for personal use soap its GREAT... just might be a bit expensive in mass production, The EVOO has lots of unsaponifiable nutrients in it (which means they make it through the saponification process...and onto your skin! :)

These nutrients also act to nourish the skin and attract moisture (humectant properties)

sweeeet :)

as a dude that I worked for once said to me (Massimo di Napoli)...

(insert heavy Italian accent...) "EETS GOT TO BE GREEN"

that bastard...reminded me of Moussilini (sp?)...

but he was right about EVOO lol

LOL It does say on the tin 100% italian cold process.

I love it but you're right, pricey but hey, it's part of the game: experimenting!

Bubbles Galore said:
All of the EVOO I've used so far has been green. :D

Best one I have ever personally tried was when my roommate in college went to go and visit his family in Greece, they own an olive plantation... He brought me back a 1ltr bottle of the best olive oil I have ever had, it was so thick...and you could literally taste the trees...It was excellent.. I never cooked with it... Only used for bread dipping and salads as it was toooooooooo good to let heat ruin the boquet of flavors :)

mmmm goood I wish I had some right now, I made garlic knots tonight! :)

or how I like to say it "Galigaknots" lol ,

i use what ever is the least expensive, if i want really light soap though i use the evoo that is light colored. I get a big jug at walmart for 17.89$, but it does have a greenish color to it. Try hemp once it is really green or grapeseed oil!

I've always used EVOO. It's true, it may be all labeled the same, but some is more yellow, some more green. In my experience, the greener the better, but it could be all in my head!

EVOO's do differ. I prefer the rich green one. Does dicolor your soap a little, but with a nice olive green swirl; there's no problem :p

Latest posts

Back