New to m&p- looking for silicone molds in seasanol shape

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracey11474

Reaction score
I'm looking for silicone molds to make some m&p soaps for a few upcoming craft shows, I found some nice ones at wsp and also at planetearth Not sure which ones are better and I can only afford to spend a so much money right now....any suggestions? Or should I just stick to plastic molds as they're cheaper?

I don't know if you have a Dollar Tree Store near you,but they have $1.00 ice trays in the form of pumpkins and skulls. They had them at the store where I'm at. Also at Michaels or Joann's if you use those 40% or 50% off coupons they offer and that way they come out cheaper. I hope that helps you. :D

do you thin the cheapo ones wouldwork well?
m&p is a new thing for me..I'm used to cp but I only make cp in loaves! Thanks so much!

I think they will work because even if they sell them at the dollar store they're ok. Those are silicone,so I don't think you'll have any problems at all.

they work great

they work as molds just fine, pour at a little lower of a temp than you normaly would for the cheaper molds to prevent warping. and store them flat for the same reason, otherwise ive had no problems with them at all!

Also you can get silicone molds sometimes by the jello. And you can also sometimes find them in the baking section.

Dollar Tree is my suggestion as well.

Try hobby shops or even Walmart/Taget in the baking area. You might find shaped muffin pans in silicone.

You can also use candy molds for for embeds if you want to do a soap bar with seasonal decor inside.

I would save my money to purchase anytime molds when buying silicone molds though unless the extra money was there for it.

I ordered a silicone mold from Chase and I am totally in love with it. 1 mold was $18.85 plus shipping and tax, so it was nearly $25.00. and I can only pour 1 at a time. He has some other molds that can be poured more at a time and less expensive though!

Chase also has some really nice and unique seasonal molds as well.

Best wishes :)

Thanks everyone! The pumpkin and skull ice cube trays from the dollar tree worked great!

I also ordered a Wilton cupcake silicone one from Amazon...it was only $9.99 and is part of their but 3 get the 4th free promotion. So I ordered some new Pyrex measuring cups and a mickey mouse book set for my son for christmas. Paid less than $30 for all 4 items!
SDC13999.jpg

Latest posts

Back