New Soap!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjbarrick

Reaction score
I just made this soap and I'm so happy with how it turned out. It actually has 4 different kinds of milk in it. I think I'm definitely using milks in my recipes from now on. I love how it looks and love how milk soaps feel. I'm very excited. I can't wait until tomorrow to get this cut! ImageUploadedBySoap Making1407110680.107686.jpg

Sweet! Care to share the 4 specific milks, or is it a trade secret lol ;-)
No percentages, just the milks....I am obsessed with learning right now (awaiting my final supply purchase of lye, a couple fo's I didn't already get, and a base oil or two I haven't already stocked up on......soaking in the info til I can take charge of my kitchen haha! Looks great with the lines! Be sure to show the cut bars in a day or so!

Side note, I've purchased concentrated goats milk for soaping, but love love love making butter from scratch...so I'm wondering the difference in quality between goats milk (ever popular), and heavy cream within soaps.

I'll tell ya lol. I used Goat, Coconut, Rice, and Almond. And I know how it is to sit back and try to soak in as much info as you can. Once you get started, you don't want to stop. It becomes an addiction lol. And I'm not sure how the heavy cream would work. I haven't tried that yet.

Beutiful! It's so light! I always thought milk soaps were dark?

Thank you! And they will sometimes get darker as they cure, which if it does, it doesn't bother me any. This soap may stay lighter since it has the coconut milk in it too. I guess we'll have to wait and see :)

That's awesome! I also make bread by 100% by hand for Friday evenings and use rice milk. Love that idea!! Can't wait to see the cut!

That's awesome! I used to try to make bread by hand and now I just don't have time to do it anymore. I started working 2 jobs, so I don't have much time to do anything anymore. Oh well lol

Back