Need a scale recommendation

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My KD scale has become schizophrenic. I never liked it, and am glad to replace it. This time I want a flat scale that plugs in and can accurately measure grams (not necessarily fractions of grams). Any recommendations?

One of my Ozeri scales that I bought on Amazon 6 or 7 years ago finally died, so I have been looking for a scale as well. I was looking at the KD8000 (? I think? maybe 7 or 6... they're so confusing to me) but I'm a bit concerned because reviews say that they don't read the first gram or two, and I do still have some products made in small batches that would need 1 or 2 gram measurements. Anyways... I think I talked myself into keeping my backup Ozeri for small things and upgrade to the KD for bigger things... so if you don't need the big platform and are making small batches (I do 4lb soap batches on this scale with no problems), I really recommend the Ozeri scale. Both of the scales that I bought (one when I first started soap making and a backup scale 4 years ago) have been incredibly reliable for me.

@amd that’s true. The first couple of grams don’t register, but after that one gram increments do. I ended up getting a jewelers scale for the tiny measurements. I don’t need that often, but it’s handy to have when I do. I have the KD 7000.

Me, too, dibbles. Today I was reminded of this because I was making my bug spray and need small weights for the EOs. But because I was in a rush because of all the itchy mosquito bites I already have all over my legs, I didn't pull out the jeweler's scale; just used my KD 7000 instead. The first digit it reads is 2 grams. I know better and the jewelers scale is only at the other side of the worktable easily within reach. Silly me.

Latest posts

Back