My web site - with changes made

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vberkesch

Reaction score
Hi all,
Really appreciate your help with my site.
I implemented the changes you all talked of ~
Put pics of soaps on home page
spelling errors
lye included in ingredient list
Candle pics still coming
Tell me what you think - www.heavenly-scents.org

Do you need to list lye? I thought once saponification happens that the lye is no longer in existence?

your site looks wonderful and i would definitely come back to it if i were shopping for soap. :)

Fullamoon said:
Do you need to list lye? I thought once saponification happens that the lye is no longer in existence?

Personally, I would never buy CP soap from a vendor who did not list NaOh/lye on their list of ingredients. Yes, it's transformed into soap by the time saponification is complete. But as you can't make soap without it, it seems disingenuous to hide that fact because uninformed people think lye is scary.

judymoody said:
Fullamoon said:

Personally, I would never buy CP soap from a vendor who did not list NaOh/lye on their list of ingredients. Yes, it's transformed into soap by the time saponification is complete. But as you can't make soap without it, it seems disingenuous to hide that fact because uninformed people think lye is scary.

Verbage should be tailored to suit ones customer base. You (soapmakers)are not her customer base that would just be silly now wouldn't it? She is selling to the general population, who for the most part are uninformed.

Here in Canada we are required to label using INCI which allows us to say "Sodium Olivate" instead of Olive oil and this distinguishes it as the soap form of Olive Oil. This allows us to list the ingredients that remain in the soap at the time of sale.....

ETA - your website looks great. I do see a typo in the soap section - fragrance is mis-spelled.

great work!

Latest posts

Back