My first milk soap...with a cocoa line!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty n Plain said:
Salty, I would name it either "Horizon Summer" or "Citrus Sunrise" I keep coming back to it, it looks so relaxing.

Those names are beautiful, makes the soap look even prettier!

Fullamoon said:
Salty thank you! I am so excited to try it! :D

No problem, thank AmandaG :)

Relle9 said:
Lurv your soap and such a straight line - mmm, add that to my list.

The yellow is obviously the carrot, did you put an orange colour in it as well.

Thank you, Relle! Yes, I used a little BB Orange mica.

kbuska said:
very nice I really like the creamy carrot bar. How did you get the line to stay.? At what trace did you pour.

Ken I can't wait to try it. Really curious to see what the half n half does for the feel of it. Plus I love anything Pumpkin or Carrot.
The bottom was a custard-y consistancy when I poured the top. First, I tested it out by spooning some on to make sure it didn't sink through my cocoa line.

Thanks for the nice responses, all

:)

Looks great. I do have a question. I have never tried Cocoa in soap so how does it do when you use it. Do your hands turn chocolate or no coloration from the chocolate.?

Bama said:
Looks great. I do have a question. I have never tried Cocoa in soap so how does it do when you use it. Do your hands turn chocolate or no coloration from the chocolate.?[/quote

Good question, I'd like to know the answer to this myself!

Bama said:
Looks great. I do have a question. I have never tried Cocoa in soap so how does it do when you use it. Do your hands turn chocolate or no coloration from the chocolate.?

Bama, I found from a couple of batches we've made up that yes the suds come out brown, Our Choccolita has about 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder in it and the suds and soap residue are both brown but not enough to be an issue as it's not dark.

Thanks guys!
Bama, had to try the soap this morning, (I'm not very patient with the curing thing) ..no running of cocoa or brown lather here.
I guess with just the line its much less and not the same as if its dispersed in the whole soap?

Thanks for the info on washing with your line soap. I am hopeful mine will be the same. Thanks for the inspiration for doing my Apple jack peel.

Latest posts

Back