My first farmer's market

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaitriBB

Reaction score
Not sure if this counts as a craft fair or a farmer's market. We have an indoor market that is half permanent merchants and half seasonal/sign-up-for-a-day-at-a-time merchants. I did a 7 hour stretch there today.

6_zps1f701d1b.jpg

4-1_zpse7928bb2.jpg

5_zps7b2aae75.jpg

Overall, I made enough to cover the price of the booth, plus a modest profit. Gave out lots of business cards and flyers, and met another CP soaper that I can tell will be a friend going forward. There was one other soaper selling but she does HP only. And is a high school student! I felt a little bad stealing her customers theoretically, but hopefully our stuff is different enough that there was room for both of us.

All in all, a great day!

Congratulations on a successful day! You're display is nice and professional looking. I love the tub!

Thanks, that was a surprise thrift store find on Friday LOL!

Lovely little display! I'm glad your first one was successful. Now much work to do to get ready for the second one? :D

Yeah I have a bunch of new soap to clean up and get ready for Feb 10th!

Thanks, that was a surprise thrift store find on Friday LOL!

I was just brainstorming of a way to display soap in use and I was like "well taking a picture of me using the soap in the bathtub is a little too weird, even for me so how could I put a bath tub in my booth?"

I was going to make one and then here you are with a tub on your display! How was that for a conversation piece? Well, besides from us soapers!

What a great display. Glad it went so well. Might I ask how big your bars are and where you sourced the wraps for the soap? Again, congrats on such a great day!

What a great display. Glad it went so well. Might I ask how big your bars are and where you sourced the wraps for the soap? Again, congrats on such a great day!

Correct me if I am wrong but they look homemade; like scrapbook paper cut to height and wrapped around the sides with an information card glued to the front. Here is an easy tutorial on [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQatLuaAeuo"]Youtube[/ame].

Back