My first cold process soap!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluelilyboutique

Reaction score
I've made about 4 bathes of hp and they've all came out well but I decided to tackle CP. I made some mistakes and realized the CP is much more time sensitive than HP. My batch base ended up thickening up way to much to be able to do any kind of marble or swirl. I think I let it trace too long and wasn't fast enough getting my colors ready. The soap ashed and instead of my mold I did what I saw a lady on you tube. She used a meatloaf pan and lined it with a trash bag. So the soap isn't as tall as I expected it to be it's more wide. But overall it didn't turn out too bad especially since I'm still a rookie soaper.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1390503665.840702.jpg

Thank you. I was pleasantly surprised it turned out as good as it did. I had to plop the color in it cause it go so thick. But then made my swirls and prayed to god i didn't ruin it. Lesson learned.

Lovely first soap and the colours came out well. Just have everything ready to go including your colours when making CP, you never know when you might get acceleration from FO's etc.

Yes the colors did turn out well. I was worried about the colors going together right and your exactly right about the FO. That's what made it speed up. Thanks everyone forsaking me feel better about my first CP soap.

I like how the swirls turned out, thinand vein-like

Dang... That is some awesome first attempt! Kind of looks like what I would do - go all out for a first try rather than something plain and simple. Know what I have in my head for my first CP? A nice hangar swirl in multiple colors; a pencil line near the bottom, and en embed in the bottom right corner. Oh, and let's not forget the embeds on top. XD

Thank you all. Makes me feel more confident in my soap making. I was so scared that it would turn out awful but it wasn't half bad, then I thought okay it went great the first time is there a possibility that I could do it again??? Or was it a one time wonder. So I tried this time I used a olive oil base. It's not anywhere near as hard as the other one so I'm assuming it will need to cure longer. I think I'm getting he hang of the swirls definitely need more practice I attempted to do the spoon swirl.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1390721235.796547.jpg

Dang... That is some awesome first attempt! Kind of looks like what I would do - go all out for a first try rather than something plain and simple. Know what I have in my head for my first CP? A nice hangar swirl in multiple colors; a pencil line near the bottom, and en embed in the bottom right corner. Oh, and let's not forget the embeds on top. XD

Yes I could not go for the plain ole soap I just had to jump in and see how it goes. Lol That sounds great for a cp soap. I haven't attempted embeds yet. I'd love to see the photo when you get it done I'm sure will be beautiful.

Back