My first 2 Batches of CP Soap!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strawberryred

Reaction score
I have been reading up on CP soap for about a week now and I knew I HAD to try it. I sew and craft and love to create, so I I figured I'd give soaping a try. Now I think I'm addicted! :lol:

This was my very first batch. It's orange flavored, but we'll see if that lasts. I did anchor it with corn starch.
soap3.jpg

Right out of the mold.

soap2.jpg

Cut bars. I'm happy how they turned out, especially for a first try and not really knowing what I was doing!

Then last night I decided to do a gm, oatmeal and honey. I somewhere missed the message to NOT insulate this, and so I covered it and put it in a warm oven to sit over night. When I check on it right before bed there was about 1/2" of oils sitting on top and my mold was leaking. I was just going to leave it till morning to see what would happen, but after I went to bed I knew I had to get those oils mixed in. So I ran downstairs, dumped it back in my bowl and mixed it back up with fingers crossed that it would work. It was like the consistency of refried beans as I was scooping into 2 lined bread pans I had, but this morning it was harder. I went ahead and cut it and it seems to be ok!

omhsoap.jpg

Out of the molds.

omhsoap2.jpg

Cut soap.

I'm already planning my next batch, and am impatiently waiting for these to cure.

Wow, good save on the gm, oatmeal, and honey batch!

Your first batch looks AMAZING! I absolutely love your swirls...way to jump right in :D

I'm about 10 batches in, and it really is addicting. So much fun, isn't it?

Back