Mulberry/Blueberry soap cut

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have tried the Grape Pop and it's not working with my recipes, but that neon looks interesting. I think I'll be placing an order soon. Thanks!

Hmm... I get a really pretty purple with the blue coloring from Michael's. You have to use quite a bit, but it comes out lovely. I'll see if I can get a nice photo of it and show you. :)

purple oxide, cant remember where i got it, i got like 10 different shades(samples)

I had a problem getting purple and pink...duh...it was my olive oil.

It had a green tinge to it. Now I use Bertoli's regular olive oil and it looks great.

Yup, I figured it was probably the olive oil. I'm going to attempt a batch with some of the lightest OO. I think I have some on hand that I've been using for cooking. I'll reserve my other bottle for times when I just want a green or teal color. I'm also thinking I should add some Titanium Dioxide. How much and at what point do you recommend adding this?

lol, this one is very similar to one soap i make. i call it "before dark" :D
only the top is blue, and there are white chunks in brown part.

Looks nice even if it isn't what you were going for! I agree on the green olive oil...it messes everything up for me. I have good luck with the olive oil from Costco.

NancyRogers said:
I have tried the Grape Pop and it's not working with my recipes, but that neon looks interesting. I think I'll be placing an order soon. Thanks!

I use the Grape POP with great results. My recipes all have at least 25% OO and I use the cheapest I can find which is usually the Kalamata (Greek) or Capatriti (Italian). I do use TD in all my colored soap. It makes the colors so brilliant. I have the water dispersed titanium dioxide and I add about 1tbs spoon directly to my lye water per 2lb batch of oils.

Are you adding the POP colors before or after trace? I always mix my colors after trace as well as the FO.

lavlemcut.jpg

That soap looks good even if it is not the color you were hoping for.

I use a violet oxide. Seems to work great for me. But I can't seem to get it to go lavender instead of purple. I have tried using less but that just looks grey. Probably because my batter is so yellow to begin with.

Latest posts

Back